Karate/mma classes for kids

hi can anyone recommend a karate or mma class for my 7 year old son .he had his starter session at castle black belt academy yesterday,he really enjoyed it but when i found out the price i could not believe it.it works out at 25 pound a lesson.surely there is somewhere more affordable than that.any help would really be appreciated and put a smile back on the face of a 7 year old boy.i would prefer a saturday class as i work till 7 in the week.cheers

I teach juniors at my Jitsu club on Saturdays at Hillsborough Leisure centre 11am to 12.30pm. The first session is free and newbies are welcome all year round.

Greystones Karate on Wednesday evenings. £5 for each 1.5 hour session.

Very friendly, no selling, the people than run it do it because they love it. My son's been going there since he was about 7 and he's really shy, but feels comfortable there and enjoys it. He had a taster session at Castle as well and felt it was a bit intimidating. His mum and dad felt the pressure to sign a contract was a bit intimidating too.

I think Greystones Karate also do sessions at Beighton on Tuesday.

A and l karate club on edenhall on manor and it's just £4 a lesson. Wednesday's 5:30-8:00 and Saturday's 9:00-12:00

I can recommend some good Karate instructors' in Sheff: Nev Hamilton: his group is called South Yorkshire Shotokan Karate Association, classes at Livingwell gym and Niagara sports centre. Also Bob Hague who I think teaches in Hillsborough. there are many good mart arts instructors with simple pay-as-you-train.

Pilsung Taekwondo also good.

Beware of groups like castle bba! Avoid contracts, extortionate direct debits etc.

Good luck

Marsdens All Styles :

http://www.marsdensallstyles.co.uk

Based at Hillsborough Sports Arena , near hillsborough Park.

There are literally 3 generations training together, a proper family club and also very friendly.

The 2 marsden brothers run the club, their kids train there too. Also their Dad who is over 60 also instructs there too!

Modern Martial Arts with a Traditional Ethos.

Good mix of Karate, Kickboxing and Self Defence.

A and l karate club on edenhall on manor and it's just £4 a lesson. Wednesday's 5:30-8:00 and Saturday's 9:00-12:00

hi mate that sounds good to me.it does sound a long time 3 hours or is it split into age groups or ability wise.are beginners welcome as i would like to get my lad started straightaway.could you get me some contact details please.cheers craig

black dragon martial arts we have two classes near you thursdays 6 till 7 frechville community center 5 to 10 year olds and we have a class at stradbroke community center on a monday 5.45 till 6.45 first class free and its pay as you train £5 bring him along to see if your child likes it.

What is "A and I karate" which style is it ?