How much a week for a single person to eat reasonably healthy?

You can mention anything your Liberal bleeding-heart desires, but the title of the thread is "How much a week for a single person to eat reasonably healthily" -IF you eat soap, washing powder etc all well and good, but most people don't do that[/quote

Well said! ... my (very lovely) girlfriend would at a rough guess, spend over a grand a week on the powdery stuff that girls like to clart their faces with (flour and 'Marmite' water to us men) Apart from that, I guess she spends the same as me on foodular issues. (Apart from weekends when it all goes ti+s up!)

Im trying to keep it to the original idea, and occasionally report what i eat and what it cost..

I do have a strong feeling that many who complain about the price of food are those that think kebabs etc should be classed as food

I buy all sorts of junk when it suits me, but I can and do cook, and it isnt expensive to do so

Aye. I live to my means, and what I can afford, and be bothered to do.

When I was skint, I lived on beans on toast, now I'm not, I buy what I want. If I run low on money I buy what I can afford and eat that.

You can mention anything your Liberal bleeding-heart desires, but the title of the thread is "How much a week for a single person to eat reasonably healthily" -IF you eat soap, washing powder etc all well and good, but most people don't do that[/quote

Well said! ... my (very lovely) girlfriend would at a rough guess, spend over a grand a week on the powdery stuff that girls like to clart their faces with (flour and 'Marmite' water to us men) Apart from that, I guess she spends the same as me on foodular issues. (Apart from weekends when it all goes ti+s up!)

We probably shop at the same branch of "Fultons" sometimes......oh and to break the habit of cheap n healthy, that Cafe Revolution do a tip top breakfast butty :P

We probably shop at the same branch of "Fultons" sometimes......oh and to break the habit of cheap n healthy, that Cafe Revolution do a tip top breakfast butty :P

Think I may stick with *Ash* here! The thread's not about how much you spend on food. I'm more than happy to eat Beans on toast (my only meal today/yesterday). I never have breakfast or lunch ... unless the weekend! I do love cooking though ... just not for myself! (Dead fussy about coffee too, have three machines)

Aye. I live to my means, and what I can afford, and be bothered to do.

When I was skint, I lived on beans on toast, now I'm not, I buy what I want. If I run low on money I buy what I can afford and eat that.

So you accept that i have disproved the idea that Food Banks are just stupid Leftist ideas.....anyone can eat for "not a lot" if they want to

So you accept that i have disproved the idea that Food Banks are just stupid Leftist ideas.....anyone can eat for "not a lot" if they want to

I never saw your comments so I can't comment.

...though as foodbanks seem to pop up every now and then, I saw on Question Time that foodbanks were NOT allowed to be advertised in job centres until the Libs came in with the Cons, and suddenly intake went up.

In PM Q's, when Labour mentioned that Food Banks were becoming popular since the CONDems came in (implying more people were poor), I never heard an answer when this change in policy was put back to them [Labour].

Libs done some good then :)

You need to found a better job and have a life

---------- Post added 12-12-2012 at 00:42 ----------

You need to found a better job and have a life

---------- Post added 12-12-2012 at 00:45 ----------

I just brought 4 smallish fillet steak from Costco for £23. What should I do with the rest of my budget to get balance diet?

You need to stop insulting people.

And try to understand what this topic is about.

You need to stop insulting people.

And try to understand what this topic is about.

That'd be good, albeit rather unlikely.

You can mention anything your Liberal bleeding-heart desires, but the title of the thread is "How much a week for a single person to eat reasonably healthily" -IF you eat soap, washing powder etc all well and good, but most people don't do that

This post illustrates how to combine humour and rudeness,but it is quite unacceptable to address a well-meaning poster like this.

This post illustrates how to combine humour and rudeness,but it is quite unacceptable to address a well-meaning poster like this.

Ill stick with the being me ta..... Im not really all that bothered if I come across as rude

Ill stick with the being me ta..... Im not really all that bothered if I come across as rude

That's alright,but I put it down to ignorance and felt you should have the chance to moderate your conduct.Like I said you are quite funny.