Friend mugged by Decathlon 29/11/12

Guest makapaka

As sentimental as I am the blocking off of the underpasses in Sheffield is no bad thing.

Me and a mate were just about to walk down the steps to the one in charter square the other month while we were our for a drink.

It was dark but as we approached we just saw 4 lads by the entrance hear us, mutter something to each other and turn to face us.

We turned and walked v quickly back on to pinstone st and fortunately that was it.

If the underpass was empty then I guess there weren't that many people around anyway.

The road is a busy dual carriageway, the underpass is a quiet underpass...

There weren't many cars driving through the underpass, but that's because they were all up on the road above. Also probably because the underpass isn't really for cars. Moral of the story, I'm sure there were quite a lot of people about, regardless of the time of day, but they were all up on the road.

I thought from the title that this was going to be a complaint about the price of tents!

Either that or Daley Thompson has fallen on hard times.

Has your friend reported this to the police? There should be CCTV in the subways

A friend of mine got beaten up in an area covered by CCTV. He had to repeatedly try and get the police to do something about it (they didn't).

Still, I guess those pies won't eat themselves.

The road is a busy dual carriageway, the underpass is a quiet underpass...

There weren't many cars driving through the underpass, but that's because they were all up on the road above. Also probably because the underpass isn't really for cars. Moral of the story, I'm sure there were quite a lot of people about, regardless of the time of day, but they were all up on the road.

Muggings have taken place with pedestrians around, never mind cars driving past... Is it really the underpass that is enabling the mugging?

Muggings have taken place with pedestrians around, never mind cars driving past... Is it really the underpass that is enabling the mugging?

People have jumped out of planes without parachutes and survived- that's not a good reason to cease having parachutes in planes :)

Underpasses are out of view- hence why they are common places for muggings. Whilst some muggers will operate in public view, the majority prefer to do so in hidden places, like underpasses.