Help with electrics tripping

Since last night my electric has tripped off 9 times, If I wait 10 mins it comes back on but then does it again a hour or so later. I have unplugged everything downstairs, but because it comes back on again after a while, its impossible to know whats causing it. I am running out of sockets to unplug, well I have run out. Its definitely downstairs, cos I left all the downstairs stuff off last night and it was fine, but I have come home from work to it tripped off again. Does anyone have any ideas please.

hi debbie

screwfix sell a socket tester ---CED Plug in Socket Tester £7.99

plug this into all sockets it has three lights on it and will tell you if you have a faulty socket ie faulty earth , faulty live, faulty neutral ,

hope this helps

hi debbie

screwfix sell a socket tester ---CED Plug in Socket Tester £7.99

plug this into all sockets it has three lights on it and will tell you if you have a faulty socket ie faulty earth , faulty live, faulty neutral ,

hope this helps

Thankyou very much for that.

hope its only a loose wire in the socket, but please be careful.

electricity can kill

Hi,just had the same problem as yours fixed.It was the junction box under the Living room floor,(where all the socket wires meet) that was the problem.With all the wet weather,it was damp in the Junction box that was causing a short & tripping Fuses.Like your problem,it was tripping fuses,3 or 4 times a day.Hope this helps.