Thoresby Market

How many stolen electrical goods, mountain bikes and crappy mobile phone accessories do you need?

We have just come away from here and was so disappointed. It used to be a fantastic market which took few hrs to walk round. We did it in about half an hour today and bought nothing at all.. :-(

We went a couple of weeks back and it was much improved on last year and earlier in year. Think it was too early for market to start with bad weather. There were well over 100 stalls and quite a bit of variety too.

It seems to be improving each week, they even had pony rides when we went. :)

We went a couple of weeks back and it was much improved on last year and earlier in year. Think it was too early for market to start with bad weather. There were well over 100 stalls and quite a bit of variety too.

It seems to be improving each week, they even had pony rides when we went. :)

OOh you are easily pleased marra:) Did you ever go in its heyday,then it was good.The mother in law lives close by so we pop in the market when visiting[might aswell get summat out of the visit:hihi:]otherwise i wouldnt bother.

OOh you are easily pleased marra:) Did you ever go in its heyday,then it was good.The mother in law lives close by so we pop in the market when visiting[might aswell get summat out of the visit:hihi:]otherwise i wouldnt bother.

Got to say a few years ago looked forward to a visit there, but went a couple of years ago & never gain.

Got to say a few years ago looked forward to a visit there, but went a couple of years ago & never gain.

Same here pete,never realised you knew the mother in law though.:hihi:

Easily pleased? Of course I am! :) Used to go donkeys years ago when it was 500+ stalls. I dont think any market can be that anymore given what's happened to the world since. Went to my town market and it was pants with about 15 stalls. 100 stalls aint too bad.

Can we pop into your mother in laws for a cuppa too!

Easily pleased? Of course I am! :) Used to go donkeys years ago when it was 500+ stalls. I dont think any market can be that anymore given what's happened to the world since. Went to my town market and it was pants with about 15 stalls. 100 stalls aint too bad.

Can we pop into your mother in laws for a cuppa too!

You more than welcome:)

Not been to Thoresby Market for several years. The last time I went it was very poor and dear just to park the car !

Today we travelled from West Yorkshire.... for the very last time !

Signage said car parking was £1.50, but we were only charged £1... obviously due to the very poor attendance of stall holders.

I remember TM being very busy and having lots of stalls, in fact we used to go every few months.

Today we walked round in 20 minutes. There were hardly any stalls there, unless you wanted to buy hot food.

There are now large areas between stalls, with the grass growing to a foot high.

If you live considerable distance, don't waste the petrol money.