Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

These cowboys will try it on at every opportunity .

Agreed, once I understood there business model, it all made sense:-

1. Don't charge the landowners, therefore all income is from car owners. Go for every possible way to attempt to charge people. e.g.. Disabled drivers must display a council blue badge, paint yellow lines in the same colour/format as the highway code.

2. On very dodgy legal ground, therefore make the invoices look as legal as possible.

3. Only x% will pay up, therefore increase pressure on those who are concerned, more chance of them paying.

4. Ignore appeals. Might as well keep trying to get the money, at the end of the day the first invoice was just a try anyway.

Stuart

Its no coincidence that the private parking cowboys call their invoices a PCN ,the same as the councils , the difference being the councils Penalty charge notices ARE enforcable and legally binding, where as the parking cowboys Parking charge notices are worthless. They do this to make them look official and to deliberately mislead and con motorists into believing they are fines.

Its a very sly, underhand ,despicable way of trying to con motorists out of money.

I've just received 2 letters from Newlyn saying I must pay £149 for parking twice in meadowhall with an out of date blue badge. What will I receive next?

I've just received 2 letters from Newlyn saying I must pay £149 for parking twice in meadowhall with an out of date blue badge. What will I receive next?

A couple more letters. They will probably offer you the chance to pay a reduced amount and if you ignore that ( as you should) then a couple more letters threatening debt collectors , then court action. Usually after these they will go away and try it on with someone else . If you do receive actual signed court papers , (and its a massive IF as there is more chance of winning the lottery ) , go to court and simply ask the parking company to produce evidence that they have the landowners written permission to persue you in court for losses. This will send them crawling back under their stones.

PS/ the disabled parking bays in private car parks are nothing of the sort, they are just tarmac with paint sprayed on them. The blue badge scheme is only valid in council run car parks and council run on street parking.

Edited by Penistone999

File them away and don't give them another thought.

Stuart

I took my disabled mum to meadowhall today and parked my car in a disabled space and i put her blue badge on the dashboard, when i came out i had received a parking ticket, and thats when i realised the badge was upside down.

I looked on the fine and i could not see a phone number so i could ring them to explain, just a number to appeal.

What should i do now?

I took my disabled mum to meadowhall today and parked my car in a disabled space and i put her blue badge on the dashboard, when i came out i had received a parking ticket, and thats when i realised the badge was upside down.

I looked on the fine and i could not see a phone number so i could ring them to explain, just a number to appeal.

What should i do now?

IGNORE IT ............. its not a fine , its an invoice which is worthless and unenforcable . Do not pay it, and what ever you do , do NOT contact the parking company who gave it you. You do not have to pay this , its NOT a fine.

What should i do now?

Shocking example of how greedy these people are. A disabled person using a disabled space, then trying to get money out them. Then the parking company using the excuse about your badge, which has nothing to do with them anyway.

Read this for further advice:-

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=46975

Stuart

Shocking example of how greedy these people are. A disabled person using a disabled space, then trying to get money out them. Then the parking company using the excuse about your badge, which has nothing to do with them anyway.

Read this for further advice:-

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=46975

Stuart

They are pathetic, disgraceful and prey on innocent motorists .They disgust me .

They are pathetic, disgraceful and prey on innocent motorists .They disgust me .

Agreed, it is almost 10 years to the day when we first encountered Excel parking and their very dodgy methods. Very stressful time, I wish I knew then what I know now.

I was reading the other day about one of these so-called collection agencies a Sheffield parking company uses. The collection agency regulators have told them to stop using the phrase "You will be taken to court", as they have only been to court once and that was someone suing them. :lol: They now say "You maybe taken to court", knowing full well they will never do so.

Stuart

Agreed, it is almost 10 years to the day when we first encountered Excel parking and their very dodgy methods. Very stressful time, I wish I knew then what I know now.

I was reading the other day about one of these so-called collection agencies a Sheffield parking company uses. The collection agency regulators have told them to stop using the phrase "You will be taken to court", as they have only been to court once and that was someone suing them. :lol: They now say "You maybe taken to court", knowing full well they will never do so.

Stuart

They use bully boy tactics to try and scare people into paying worthless invoices. I can`t think of any other industry where these shady, underhand ,bullying tactics are allowed. The sooner private parking companies are put out of business the better .