Hospital TV rip off

So having free healthcare on the NHS isn't enough for you people? :rant:

It's a HOSPITAL, not a Hotel.

I'm genuinely disgusted by freeeloaders like you lot, such a sense of entitlement it sickens me.

People who have paid into the NHS for very very many years are NOT freeloaders!

People who have paid into the NHS for very very many years are NOT freeloaders!

You paid into the NHS for HEALTHCARE, not to catch up on Jeremy Kyle sorry.

Free food, free bed, free water, electricity, healthcare, medicine, Nurses and Doctors wages the list goes on.

And then to have the cheek to complain about paying for TV, I'm sorry, you're all embarrassing

It's a complete rip off :rant: When my ex OH was in hospital following a heart attack nearly 7 years ago, with TV, phone calls and parking for nearly 3 weeks he was in, it cost us a fortune. That was with a young family and the uncertainty of reduced wages/sick pay to worry about.

Free food, free bed, free water, electricity, healthcare, medicine, Nurses and Doctors wages the list goes on.

And then to have the cheek to complain about paying for TV, I'm sorry, you're all embarrassing

I don't think it's the paying for the TV, it's the extortionate amount it costs that is my gripe.

So having free healthcare on the NHS isn't enough for you people? :rant:

It's a HOSPITAL, not a Hotel.

I'm genuinely disgusted by freeeloaders like you lot, such a sense of entitlement it sickens me.

Oh you got me..I make myself ill just to use hospital internet and TV

I suppose you think fondly back to the days of the evil matron punishing staff and patients alike...

No-one has demanded the service be free but perhaps a non-profit making scheme would be beneficial, what we are talking about is a monopoly with a company running a service where the choice is "take it or leave it"

They are the freeloaders, charging what they like because no-one can offer any competition

Yep & I'm pretty sure none of us wanted to be in hospital, did you have your lobotomy private then.

Don't feed the trolls, it only encourages them.

Don't feed the trolls, it only encourages them.

I know exactly what you mean, but they do get under the skin some what :)

NOPERS!!!!.....Not free! ...:loopy:

do they not have any offers. when my mother in law was in the northern general you got the standard channels free if you bought some credit for phone calls. can't remember the specifics tho and the other hospitals may be different

my wife was in hospital for 10 weeks-just a year ago--she choose not to have TV and phone----she just did not want it-----but please think about the cost of any private supplier to install these outlets to every bed--quite a task--perhaps it would have been better not to install such a system at all----