Hospital TV rip off

Erm, firstly you brought up MRSA, not me.

Secondly, no need to be offensive on a family friendly forum.

You sound a right charmer, glad I'm not stuck next to you in a hospital bed....

As I said, just because they have not had an outbreak for 12 weeks does not mean it is not floating around somewhere.

And at least if you were in bed next to me at least you wouldn't have to put up with noises from the tv!

Chance would be a fine thing, we were in hallamshire other week and they still had the old tvs what didn't work.

I have spent a lot of time in RHH over the past 3 years on different wards and totally agree that the cost of the TV/Phone packages is a Rip Off. I cannot see what the answer is ....... It odd saying take in your IPod or Laptop to watch TV because on a lot of the wards I was on (N1 for example) we were not allowed to have our phones or other electrical devices because it may interfere with the medical equipment, so the hospital have patients over a barrel really?Please do not say read a book, as I am partially sighted and I could not even take in my talking book reader as it was deemed an electrical device that may interfere with medical equipment.

I know we are in hospital because we are ill and are there to get better, but the days (and nights) are very long and listening to TV often helps to pass the time.

So the moral of this story is please check with your ward before making plans to take laptops and IPads in, as I know from first hand experience it is not always possible to use them at your bedside.:rolleyes:

I have already said all this in my posts, Normal tv's don't work now since everythin went digital. Paitients that can take in laptops or ipads etc will also find you are unable to get a internet connection anyway as there is too much machinery around.

I think it should be taken over by someone like SKY offering a reduction for patients that subscribe to them and surely anyone that don't have sky and are going into hosp for a wk or so the if the reduction is good enough it would b worth them subscribing befor hand - win win - new customer for at least 12 months an cheaper tv in hosp x

Patientline went bust a long time ago, nothing to do with them, its Hospedia now. and they have to make profit, thats why there is a charge. rip off undoubtedly, but you can thank the previous labour govt and this one for allowing it to be installed and to continue. its here for a long time yet.

http://www.hospedia.co.uk/

Patientline went bust a long time ago, nothing to do with them, its Hospedia now. and they have to make profit, thats why there is a charge. rip off undoubtedly, but you can thank the previous labour govt and this one for allowing it to be installed and to continue. its here for a long time yet.

http://www.hospedia.co.uk/

I have already mentioned that it is now hospedia. Its not only a rip off but most of the services they offer dont work and have never worked. ie Internet. The other annoying this is even if you dont need the tv (tho its free) or internet, games you still have to pay for them.

And as in my earlier post they offer 21 or 32 channels but you only actually have 17 channels. they also highlight the great film channels, these are infact a few films from dvd that are on loop. they arn't even up to date films and being in hospital for so long I the films haven't changed over the last 6-8 months, some of them are even the same from over 12 months ago. This is also an extra you are unable to opt out of.

All that said, the most annoying thing is they increase the prices 3-4 times a year its rediculous. Oh also the picture quality or should I say the lack of quality. The picture is very grainy and dark, you can use the brightness button to make it lighter but the some of the picture is distorted.

If they insist charging the prices they do you would think you'd get what you pay for.

they also dont clearly advertise the fact you can buy a 5 quid ticket for the night, on the screen it tends to show the 10 quid and up packages, unsuprisingly. spent a fortune on cards for my mum, most of which the credit went by when she was dozing/sleepy due to being on medication. ticks away as soon as you insert it.

:-(

Edited by ChrisT70

they also dont clearly advertise the fact you can buy a 5 quid ticket for the night, on the screen it tends to show the 10 quid and up packages, unsuprisingly. spent a fortune on cards for my mum, most of which the credit went by when she was dozing/sleepy due to being on medication. ticks away as soon as you inswert it.

:-(

Yes it's a right rip off and the fact that it keeps ticking away your credit even if you're not watching is a total con. Something should be done about this.

Yes it's a right rip off and the fact that it keeps ticking away your credit even if you're not watching is a total con. Something should be done about this.

would need the govt to change it, the company are well tied into NHS nationally, look at the spiel on their own website;

Over 150 hospitals already deployed with a concession based model.

Managing 70,000 multimedia systems already serving up to 10m patients, 5m visitors and 500,000 healthcare staff every year.

15 years experience at the heart of the healthcare environment.

Unparalleled interaction for key stakeholders, including: Patients; Visitors; Healthcare Management & Staff; Government; Volunteers; Charities and Commercial Enterprise.