Norfolk Arms - what happened??

I thought the owner was called Mick ? Maybe Steve is the manager?

I was the person who had my wedding there in may this year and the response that i got about the rubbish food and service from Matthew the joke manager was.2 portions of veg was issued to the two back tables as the first was used up very quickly (this was a lie as the two back tables never received any veg.

the meals were served slowly , i apologize for this as we do strive to be the best but on this occasion it appears that the food service standard was unfortunately below our normal standard.

this is taken from the reply in which i complained about the Norfolk arms letting me down on my wedding day.

the letter is an absolute joke and it took the manager 3 weeks to finally reply to me and the owner mike who promised my mother in law all the apologies in the world an said he was going to call me him self to discuss how we could resolve the issues that we had raised never even had the decency to call me.

I would say get the Norfolk arms on the rogue traders board.

I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND OR GO TO THIS PLACE EVER AGAIN

I went there for a meal 2 weeks ago had the pork steak, very nice. My OH had the pie which had plenty of meat. The staff were friendly, we would go back.

My wife and I planned to have a wedding reception there some years ago. We booked rooms as certain friends would be travelling long distances.

We phoned to check things were ready and were told the dining room would not be ready.

The 'manager' told me not to worry as he could 'rustle up' some food for us in the main bar.

I immediately cancelled our booking.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Thank you for reaching out Steve, I have sent you an email this morning.

Thanks for the e-mail, I received it and will be in touch very soon.

I should probably clarify that I (Steve) am not the owner, I am one of the managers here, responsible mainly for front of house and also our internet presence. As mentioned in a previous post, the owner is indeed called Mick.

I seriously cannot believe some of the acidic posts on this site for the Norfolk Arms... and I stress, The Norfolk Arms, Ringinglow.... I have been going in regularly over the last few months, purely based on the fact that this magnificent venue is now family owned and run by incredibly driven and lovely individuals.... I agree that a few years ago it had lost it's way but I do not recognise any of the apathetic reactions and responses alledged, by the team who now run it. I can only assume that the people who are being so overtly over the top in their negativity about the NA enjoy a diet of sour and miserable grapes.... of which the Norfolk Arms, Ringinglow do not choose to serve. It would therefore be fabulous if these negative individuals please do as they say and do not come back or indeed, recommend their equally grey friends and colleagues to do so. The masses of Sheffield who enjoy the upbeat and therapeutic calma of this terrific venue do not need them.

lulu i have a 3 page letter from Matthew at the Norfolk arms with regards to all the issues i had with my wedding all with excuses of why things went wrong. i can agree with you it is a beautiful venue but i don't know whether the new owners were just finding there feet but they certainly let me down on the biggest day of my life which is not acceptable.

I hear that they now have new staff which i hope are more professional now as the young girl who was my final event organizer was so tired she had lost her way. At the end of the day if these issues are not highlighted how can they move forward........

Hi, I had my wedding at Norfolk Arms, Ringinglow, on August 18th 2012, after reading some of the comments made about the norfolk arms im very dumbfounded by some of the comments i have read, as myself and my wife found there to be no problems and it was above and beyond our expectations. The food was superb and the guests commented about the quantity and quality of food served. They catered for our every need, the staff were all polite and well presented and nothing was too much trouble for them. The set up of the room was done fantasically. Myself, wife and my guests, found no fault with any of the rooms as they were all well presented. Also, our evening buffet was well presented, there was plenty of food and they offered a large variety. After reading some of the comments about the 'young events co-ordinator' i cant see any problems, we dealt with her for a year, and found her to be very enthusiastic, offered a variety of ideas for our big day. Following our wedding, a number of guests have commented on how much they enjoyed it, and now have numerous events booked with the Norfolk Arms over the next year.

The Handsworth is closed and so the one down Attercliffe. So no idea.

The one in Attercliffe was Club Xes for many years until closing in May this year. I run the transgender night which used to be there, but it has now moved to DEMPSEYS in the city centre, and FYI the first one is tonight, Friday 9 Nov.:thumbsup:

When it close?

Is that meant to mean anything?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I seriously cannot believe some of the acidic posts on this site for the Norfolk Arms... and I stress, The Norfolk Arms, Ringinglow.... I have been going in regularly over the last few months, purely based on the fact that this magnificent venue is now family owned and run by incredibly driven and lovely individuals.... I agree that a few years ago it had lost it's way but I do not recognise any of the apathetic reactions and responses alledged, by the team who now run it. I can only assume that the people who are being so overtly over the top in their negativity about the NA enjoy a diet of sour and miserable grapes.... of which the Norfolk Arms, Ringinglow do not choose to serve. It would therefore be fabulous if these negative individuals please do as they say and do not come back or indeed, recommend their equally grey friends and colleagues to do so. The masses of Sheffield who enjoy the upbeat and therapeutic calma of this terrific venue do not need them.

"...upbeat and therapeutic calma" you avin' a larf?

I've been to the Norfolk Arms quite a few times and always had a good meal. I did have to wait 50 mins for a meal once but it was a group of 10 on a Sunday lunch which is pretty much peak time. I've been back since and I'd definitely go again.