Was the Salutation in Attercliffe the first gay club

and did anybody frequent it

I did and I'm not gay. It was a good night out. Was it the early 80's or later? my memory is playing tricks.

We held our CB club there,didnt know it was a gay club till after lol

no there was the Amberly, it said biscotheque on the door & Dennis the DJ from the broughton was the DJ in there [1972]

I did and I'm not gay. It was a good night out. Was it the early 80's or later? my memory is playing tricks.

im not gay either lol and went there a few times in 1976 and always had a good night the first time i put this post up i was banned from sheff forum for 48hrs presumably because i reffered to it as the first puff club because thats what all my friends called it gay and straight alike has any body got a problem with this besides jim hardie who sent me a goodbye message and reported it maybe he cant stand johnathon ross with his 4 puffs and a piano either

When I was a kid everyone who went in there was ruff and tuff but I dare say after a few hours that they came out very gay.

No, blues, I think it would have been the context you used the term in that was not liked.

I thought The Cossack was the first gay pub. It was on the road leading down to the train station next to Sheffield Polytechnic, now Hallam University. This place -

The Cossack, Howard Street

im not gay either lol and went there a few times in 1976 and always had a good night the first time i put this post up i was banned from sheff forum for 48hrs presumably because i reffered to it as the first puff club because thats what all my friends called it gay and straight alike has any body got a problem with this besides jim hardie who sent me a goodbye message and reported it maybe he cant stand johnathon ross with his 4 puffs and a piano either

I didn't report it pal. No need.

Cossack was a gay pub not a gay club, Roxy on a monday night was also a gay club once a month in the 80's. 90's was the Hole in the wall where tesco is now.

Tell you what sticks in my mind the most about the salutation is the massive snakes the size of anacondas they used to have in there and Mighty Melvyn a drag queen who would not a avert his eyes from my boyhood in the toilet preventing me from relieving my self ( not that way) remember im not gay just out for a good night lol