Cyclist inches from being hit - driver oblivious

But they all wear the same Florescent coloured Lycra and pointy helmets ,so how do you tell them apart. ?:)

Not all cyclists wear the same clothes. There are differences and what's more, not all cyclists ride the same bikes so you could identify a cyclist by many things, really.

Anyway, back on subject... the car nearly hitting the cyclist.

But again ,with cyclists being un-licenced they basically have free reign to commit the same offences over and over again with no framework in place to ban them from the roads for persistent offending . Motorist have a four strikes and out rule as far as our licences are concerned .

I bet you could go and run four lights right now without getting caught once. A license makes it possible for automated systems to catch you, nothing else (systems that wouldn't be triggered for a bike).

four offences and we have to serve a ban from the roads , where as cyclists have no such threat hanging over them, so have no incentive to obey them laws of the roads.

Apart from the danger of being run down by an unobservant motorist.

Do you agree that cyclists should be licenced and should have to play by the same rules as motorists . ?

No, I do not agree that they should be licensed. Yes I do agree that they should follow the highway code and the laws of the road.

Not all cyclists wear the same clothes. There are differences and what's more, not all cyclists ride the same bikes so you could identify a cyclist by many things, really.

Anyway, back on subject... the car nearly hitting the cyclist.

You mean the motorcyclist almost hitting the car.

... cos the car failed or ignored to give way to the cyclist on the roundabout. Whichever way you look at it, the car driver was in the wrong so I've no idead why this thread has been completely twisted to demonise cyclists.

... cos the car failed or ignored to give way to the cyclist on the roundabout. Whichever way you look at it, the car driver was in the wrong so I've no idead why this thread has been completely twisted to demonise cyclists.

Perhaps it sticks in motorists throats how cyclists never take responsibility for anything they do wrong.

There are some good cyclists and bad cyclists. Remember that they are the same as you, human. The cyclist i hate are the red light junpers, the ones that fly out of junctions and the ones that are rude and arrogant, well lets see how rude they are being hit with 250 horse power.

There are some good cyclists and bad cyclists. Remember that they are the same as you, human. The cyclist i hate are the red light junpers, the ones that fly out of junctions and the ones that are rude and arrogant, well lets see how rude they are being hit with 250 horse power.

Is it you're intention to go out and test this now?

Perhaps it sticks in motorists throats how cyclists never take responsibility for anything they do wrong.

What are you on about... the motorist in this case was at fault. How you can twist that, I do not know.

No. The car nearly hit the cyclist. The car was 100% in the wrong.

Who mentioned a motorcyclist?

No. The car nearly hit the cyclist. The car was 100% in the wrong.

I see it differently