Jump to content

Does anyone agree with taking money off the poor to give to the rich?

Recommended Posts

I'm sorry to tell you that you appear to be doing just what you claim not to do, which is judging people. I wasn't judging anyone. I merely posted a link to a reference regarding how much tax the top 1% paid. You did the rest.

 

Apologies but I could have sworn you were positioning yourself in the top 26% and on that basis implying some special right to cast judgement on poorer citizens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not if it means forcing them to work, perhaps taking away their freedoms and taking away their human rights.
I for one don't think people should be forced to do anything.

 

They should have a choice between working or starving - only fair really. I certainly don't belive they should have the 'human right' to do bugger all for years and get paid for the pleasure of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I for one don't think people should be forced to do anything.

 

They should have a choice between working or starving - only fair really. I certainly don't belive they should have the 'human right' to do bugger all for years and get paid for the pleasure of it.

 

You know that people won't deliberately starve themselves ;)

 

There's no human right to do bugger all either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Perhaps if this government used some of the wealth created by the last government we wouldn't be needing to make them.

 

You're deluded. The country is in a mess after the 13 years under Labour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes I support it because it’s necessary, benefits claimants need some encouragement to get a job and earn their own money instead of relying on handouts.

 

You do know there are far more benefit claimants who work than don't right??

 

It's just the government that want you to think benefit claimants are scum!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You're deluded. The country is in a mess after the 13 years under Labour.

 

I too am struggling with how you spend a £trillion of debt. Perhaps we are dealing with a Greek economist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I too am struggling with how you spend a £trillion of debt. Perhaps we are dealing with a Greek economist.

 

It isn't that difficult really, you could sell off some of the assets we currently have or tax the profits/wealth people have accrued over this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's just the government that want you to think benefit claimants are scum!

 

On the ball liam, this mob of mad Tories seem hell-bent on demonizing the poor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It isn't that difficult really, you could sell off some of the assets we currently have or tax the profits/wealth people have accrued over this time.

 

Which assetts would you sell off. I'm always amused to hear folks talking about taxing wealth. How would you go about taxing Lewis Hamilton's £20 income?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benefits should be for those who genuinely cant work or are temporarily unemployed through no fault of their own. wheres the motivation to achieve anything in life if society will pay you to stay at home and if you are successful, will tax you so disproportionately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No but my husband is one of the 25% of taxpayers who pay most of the remaining 75%.

 

Give him a kiss from me, he sounds like a good un.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Which assetts would you sell off. I'm always amused to hear folks talking about taxing wealth. How would you go about taxing Lewis Hamilton's £20 income?

 

I didn't say I'd sell any of the assets off, you mentioned the debt we've got and I pointed out the increased wealth during this period.

 

But should the politicians discover the bottle to tackle people other than the poorest why not sell off all the Council Houses, they'll have gone up in value considerably and I;m sure people would buy them at the right price. There are lots of other things we could sell off to raise money and avoid these cuts.

 

Alternatively why not tax the profit made by people on the huge increases in property value, they haven't done anything to earn it so we won't get the I worked damn hard for this argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.