Did you work at ogley's pet shop in the early 1970s

21 hours ago, Padders said:

Thank's for the update Linda, always nice to hear from you..

Crikey that was a big wasp's nest!

I just keep plodding along, you have too don't you, I'm dreading the winter months though.

I'm fit and healthy so can't grumble...

Roll on the summer, hopefully a holiday in the sun somewhere.  (need a new passport)

Look after yourself, and keep posting.

Hi padders you seem.very attentative to linda 1? Do you know  her personally 😏 

27 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Hi padders you seem.very attentative to linda 1? Do you know  her personally 😏 

It's a long story Gaz.

Linda got robbed last year and has had many problems.

Myself and Meltman tried to give her some advice, fortunately she's recovering well from her ordeal.

Just like to keep in touch with her.

Call me a knight in shining armour.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Padders said:

It's a long story Gaz.

Linda got robbed last year and has had many problems.

Myself and Meltman tried to give her some advice, fortunately she's recovering well from her ordeal.

Just like to keep in touch with her.

Call me a knight in shining armour.....

Nice one a few g and ts might help!

Hi Linda, Glad to hear, read that things are going well for you. You've certainly had some difficult times. I believe you need a good day out. I feel confident one of the the'knights in shining armour'on the forum would gladly take you and Buddy out for the day in the car.

The seaside or the Derbyshire countryside would be nice. Due to my illnesses I don't drive nowadays. I'm willing though to chip in towards the petrol costs so one of the 'knights' can then take you and Buddy for a nice day out.

Best wishes to you Linda.

On 19/10/2023 at 09:52, zakes said:

Hi Linda, Glad to hear, read that things are going well for you. You've certainly had some difficult times. I believe you need a good day out. I feel confident one of the the'knights in shining armour'on the forum would gladly take you and Buddy out for the day in the car.

The seaside or the Derbyshire countryside would be nice. Due to my illnesses I don't drive nowadays. I'm willing though to chip in towards the petrol costs so one of the 'knights' can then take you and Buddy for a nice day out.

Best wishes to you Linda.

Hello.. that is so kind of you thank you, but I never ask for help from anyone.. I'm sure I'm not the only one having a rough time.. buddy had to be rushed to the vets a couple of days ago he couldn't put his back leg down,  I was so worried about him, the vet said even though he is young the operations he has had might be causing him to have arthritis. He still has a pin in one leg the other pin had to be removed as it had slipped out of place and was causing problems. the last time I went to the seaside my daughter was 6 years old. believe it or not my garden has survived all the bad weather and is still full of flowers .the dahlias are over 7ft tall it must be all the manure I put on them. they are massive I can't reach the top of them.. the burglary still has a effect on me but it's not as bad, but I've lost my trust in people. It's a horrible felling. It's the sadness that's the worst thing to deal with.. I'm just hoping for a nice peaceful Christmas after last years covid..Honestly if it's going to happen it'll be me on the receiving end. I can't believe everything that happened. Thank you for getting in touch it's very kind of you to think of us. Have a nice weekend.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, linda 1 said:

Hello.. that is so kind of you thank you, but I never ask for help from anyone.. I'm sure I'm not the only one having a rough time.. buddy had to be rushed to the vets a couple of days ago he couldn't put his back leg down,  I was so worried about him, the vet said even though he is young the operations he has had might be causing him to have arthritis. He still has a pin in one leg the other pin had to be removed as it had slipped out of place and was causing problems. the last time I went to the seaside my daughter was 6 years old. believe it or not my garden has survived all the bad weather and is still full of flowers .the dahlias are over 7ft tall it must be all the manure I put on them. they are massive I can't reach the top of them.. the burglary still has a effect on me but it's not as bad, but I've lost my trust in people. It's a horrible felling. It's the sadness that's the worst thing to deal with.. I'm just hoping for a nice peaceful Christmas after last years covid..Honestly if it's going to happen it'll be me on the receiving end. I can't believe everything that happened. Thank you for getting in touch it's very kind of you to think of us. Have a nice weekend.

Sometimes it's just to have a chat with people.. it makes a difference to your day..

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, linda 1 said:

Sometimes it's just to have a chat with people.. it makes a difference to your day..

Always nice to hear from you Linda.

4 hours ago, Padders said:

Always nice to hear from you Linda.

Am at Longley tomorrow Everingham Rd any chance of a pint and handshake padders?

44 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Am at Longley tomorrow Everingham Rd any chance of a pint and handshake padders?

Call in at my gaff on Longley Farm View and I'll oblige.......

5 hours ago, linda 1 said:

It sure does Linda, good to hear from you. 

16 hours ago, Meltman said:

It sure does Linda, good to hear from you. 

Thank you.. How's your garden doing , Mine is still full of flowers but the weather is getting to it now and I think it wont survive another storm and I've just seen there is one on it's way for Thursday. I've no idea what's happened to the dahlias they are massive. I can't reach the top of them.  it must be all the manure. Have a  nice day

• Like 1

The garden has been good,  it sounds like yours has too. I  took advantage of the weather at the weekend and lifted the dahlias, they had just about done flowering. I need to get some compost/peat to pack them in and put them away for the winter. You have a nice day too.

• Like 2