Conspiracy Theories

Originally posted by "tymr"

Man may have landed on the moon... but not in the way the world was shown.

My ONLY reading on this subject (that I tend to give some credibility to) is the work by Bennett and Percy entitled "Dark Moon". This fascinating book is available in most Waterstone's bookshops, and gives a number of reasons for why the images used to demonstrate to the world that man had reached the moon were phony. Beyond this, the people faking it felt guilty enough to purposefully include some obvious errors... whistle blowing.

The main reason anything living cannot survive a trip to the moon is radiation... sub atomic particles will destructively pass straight through craft and persons, unless you have a great deal of lead lining your craft... and suit, i suppose.

What about all the diverging shadows, suggesting a single point light source... not the sun. And many shots contain "hot points", areas suggesting flash photgraphy.

THE classic photo of one of the astronauts with the reflected horizon in his visor would have to be taken by someone standing on a step ladder... think about it... try it yourself with someone wearing mirror shades.

The astronaut's camera equipment was chest mounted, and "point and click"... no focus or manual control (handy when one couldn't manipulate much with those gloves anyway). Yet the photos are all amazingly well composed.

Oh, except for the reel sequence taken by Armstrong of Aldrin exiting the LM... quite a momentous occassion... however, part way through this sequence, Armstrong chooses to take a fascinating shot of the LM's landing gear (foot).

Kodak claim there was NOTHING special about the cameras... but none of the photo film was fogged by the ample radiation bouncing around the lunar environment with NO protective atmosphere.

Man may have been to the moon... apparently, some little known cosmonaut did... and he died directly because of his efforts.. this may help to account for why his grave site architecture is extraordinarily beautiful, for a cosmonaut who is meant to have accomplished less than say, Gagarin.

Who took the film sequence we see SO often, of the LM relaunching off the lunar surface?... the camera pans up, to follow the craft!

Why hoax this and try to fool the world?

...... Why have a war on Iraq?

not convinced personally, im pretty sure in 1969 neil armstrong walked on the moon, purely because if he didnt NASA would try to have grounded the orbiter which is photographing the moon presently...

Who took the film sequence we see SO often, of the LM relaunching off the lunar surface?... the camera pans up, to follow the craft!

this was a remote camera set to "follow" the lander AFAIK

Originally posted by "Sidla"

That would be fine if your FACT wasn't actually a TOTAL UNTRUTH. Show me your photo of the lunar rover with inflatable wheels please?

That was taken from http://www.geocities.com/apollofacts/.

Anyway, I can't be arsed argueing on this subject anymore. You can't prove anything, I can't prove anything, so it's obviously a moot point.

Fair enough, the posts were getting excessively long!

:)

Originally posted by "Lickszz"

Does anyone believe in the Marijuana Conspiracy?

NOT a conspiracy, if you are referring to why it's illegal. Dupont , nylon research and developments etc... FACT.

While I'm on Dupont, did anyone hear that CFCs DON'T deplete ozone, but their molecular patent was running out. The patent was held by Dupont, who promptly created the ozone story, came up with a "new", "safe" molecule, and sold it to everyone. Cool... what a fantastic way of making billions!

We fall for it so easily, whenever there's an alleged danger to the public.

NOT a conspiracy, if you are referring to why it's illegal. Dupont , nylon research and developments etc... FACT.

While I'm on Dupont, did anyone hear that CFCs DON'T deplete ozone, but their molecular patent was running out. The patent was held by Dupont, who promptly created the ozone story, came up with a "new", "safe" molecule, and sold it to everyone. Cool... what a fantastic way of making billions!

We fall for it so easily, whenever there's an alleged danger to the public.

I am inclined to agree. One volcanic eruption releases more gases into the atmosphere than anything industrial is ever likely to.

I am not sure that all the below is fact, I would certainly say it's is classed as a conspiracy theory.

Some of this is certainly interesting. Before the twentieth century the marijuana plants provided almost all the world’s paper, textiles, and rope. The Romans used to grow marijuana, and Henry the eighth used to make each Farmer grow marijuana. In America Levi jeans, American flags, the early drafts of the American constitution, and Bibles, we’re all made from marijuana plants. In parts of America it was illegal NOT to GROW POT from 1760’s. From the sixteen thirties up until the early nineteenth century marijuana was legal tender in America. In ancient society they knew if you wanted the strongest natural fibers in the world you should grow more pot!

marijuana seeds have more protein in them than Sawyer beans and are cheaper to produce according to the U.S. department of agriculture. Another good reason to grow more pot!

According to U.S. government departments you can make four times as much paper from an acre of marijuana plants, than you can from a maker of forest. Not only that, instead of chopping down all these natural resources, once you have chop down the marijuana plants you can just be planted and grow another crop. The marijuana plants produces wood pulp at ¼ of the cost, with four times less pollution, and uses five at times less chemicals. Another worthwhile reason to grow more pot!

If we were to grow more pot, marijuana and other alternative energy sources could quite possibly negate the ‘need’ for young men to die for mineral wealth in places like Iraq/Falklands. You can make methanol from marijuana plants. At the beginning of the century most vehicles could be run on two fuel sources, and racing cars today are still run on methanol. Another reason to grow more pot?

The use of marijuana to treat medical ailments is legal in about 34 states of America. It treats many ailnents such as glaucoma it has recently shown signs of being able to treat herpes. Another valid reason!

marijuana is good as food, fuel, textiles, and has a long history of use So why don’t we grow more pot?

In 1936 a machine was invented of which it was said “ it would make marijuana the world’s biggest cash crop of the twentieth century”. This did not at all sit well with the chemical companies, who would lose 80 percent of their sales and who had just patented new chemical processing methods. This did not at all sit well with the oil companies, who hated competition. This did not at all sit well with the paper manufacturers, who had massive multinational investments in timber. And lastly This did not at all sit well with the pharmaceutical companies, who cannot patent natural substances only medicines with chemicals in them.

And so the reason people are thrown in jail, criminalized, and millions are spent on “fighting the drug war” is because at the beginning of the century just like today we didn’t have a government of the people, by the people, for the people, but government by the vested interests of private tyranny.

This is roughly how the conspiracy theory goes if I remember correct. Is this what you were talking about?

I am not saying I believe with this 100% but when I read the facts I found them most interesting and some are certainly believeable and possible.

conspiracy theorists who dare to explore even further. They claim that the real reason for faking the moon landings is that there isnt actually a Moon at all. The celestial body we have seen smiling benignly down upon us for so long is actually nothing more than an elaborate mock-up, and is in fact only a few hundred feet wide, and about a mile up. Probably suspended on strings or something but i think their daft myself :wink:

you're kidding right? I always thought it was made of cheese!

and whatabout Santa Claus then? I suppose he's a man dressed up

M.

Originally posted by "Internetowl"

you're kidding right? I always thought it was made of cheese!

and whatabout Santa Claus then? I suppose he's a man dressed up

M.

:shock: ya joking rite santas real but "There's no such thing as the bogeyman.Its just something parents made up to frighten kids.....like Micheal Jackson!"

so Michael Jackson's not real then ? (I know he's 50% plastic). No Santa, No Cheese on the moon and Jacko's not real either....next you'll be saying Neil Warnock's not illegitimate :P