Groupon Sheffield again

Hi everyone, thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions on your recent Groupon Sheffield purchases. With regards to Lynda V. Price deal, we did email all buyers with the correct information in relation to the deal alteration and we're very sorry for any inconvenience caused. Regarding all other forum threads, if you feel that you didn't have the experience that you deserve, please email all these details over to [email protected] with the subject line "Sheffield Forum", we're waiting to hear from you if you have any customer service enquiries. All of the feedback in this forum has been shared with the Groupon Sheffield team and will be implemented in future initiatives. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to comment below. Have a lovely day, Groupon UK :)

Hello GrouponUK

You came to see me at my work once to see if I wanted to 'work with you'

This seemed to involve you selling lots of voucher so people could get things for less than cost value from me, and if they didn't redeem the voucher you kept the money.

I was told that it was all worthwhile because I'd get new customers and repeat custom, but the person couldn't give me any figures for the average number of new customers gained from using groupon that businesses are able to retain, and nor could they tell me what percentage of businesses using groupon do so only once.

I couldn't really see what was in it for me - the more I sold (and you being quite big, there was potential to sell a lot in terms of the size of my business) the more I'd lose.

Can you tell me what percentage of your customers go on to do other groupon deals, compared to the percentage who go out of business within 12 months?

Hi @Number Six, if you have any merchant enquiries or any specific questions with regards to featuring with Groupon, our Sheffield Sales Representative Jon Douglas will be happy to help regarding this. His email address is [email protected], we look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Groupon UK

Hi @Number Six, if you have any merchant enquiries or any specific questions with regards to featuring with Groupon, our Sheffield Sales Representative Jon Douglas will be happy to help regarding this. His email address is [email protected], we look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Groupon UK

I have specific questions I asked above, quite clearly. I've already asked the sales people who've been in to my business and they didn't know, which is why I asked you.

Perhaps you could answer them here so other people who might want to know don't have to email Jon too. Might save him a bit of time?

A reluctance to answer publicly would speak volumes about the likely answers.

We've used Groupon once in the past and will be using them once more again.

We've also used living social too.

What we've found is there are two types of consumer who use groupon:

1) The bargain hunters (I confess to being one of these). They will buy and use the deal and then wait for the next one rather than continuing at full price (or even discounted by us), continuity of service isn't as important as the deal.

2) The loyalty customers who found the deal was good, the service was good and the follow up price is good so they continue with the service.

I'd say it is a fairly even split (i'd say 60/40 in favour of group 1) and to be honest we welcome both, obviously we'd prefer group 1 to become group 2 but money is tight right now so we appreciate these customers will represent the loss. However the exposure received through the promotion, provided that the deal we run can ideally break us even (even if no profit is made) is worthwhile in order to gain brand recognition.

We don't run many deals, usually with a new service we will offer something to let everyone know we're now offering X service now so pop along and see us. We are sticklers for the rules of the deal (expiration of vouchers, dimensions of service etc) because the margins are soooooooooooo tight that we can't give an inch unfortunately. If Groupon were to allow themselves to negotiate on their % share of the deal then this could be a different story.

That's as honest an answer as I can give and hopefully it at least gives some insight from a business point of view. I'd say on the whole the pro's outweigh the cons for us right now.

Hi @Number Six, we spoke to the Groupon Sheffield team and the number of re-features is 498 out of a total of 786 features for Sheffield. So the re-feature rate is 63.4%. Jon Douglas will be able to help you understand what Groupon can personally do for your business. Have a lovely day, Groupon UK

had a good deal from groupon for a night at the dogs had a brill time for a fraction of the price all said they would go again

as in anything in life you sometimes have to take the good with the bad, not groupons fault if someone cooks a bad meal

I think groupon is fab! I have used it for all kinds of experiences from `zorbing` in a giant hamster ball, scuba diving lessons, hairdressing, spa days, cream teas, beauty treatments, dining out, cocktail nights and hotel stays to name but a few. i`ve had laughs sharing these with friends and family, and have enjoyed being pampered for `me time`. occasionally a deal may not work out, and in these instances i have contacted groupon direct. their response have been quick, efficient and have been credited to my account. i am a positive, happy person who enjoys new experiences which are offered and i`ve recommended groupon to friends who now use it too.

Groupon is a con. Most of the places that sell them simply inflate the price temporarily to show a large 'discount' but never really charge the full price they're claiming the reduction is from.

Two things...

1. if a deal looks too good to be true it usually is.

2. Every groupon deal I have ever purchased, (95% restaurant related) have all represented at least a 40% saving. :-)

Sorry this wasnt a direct response to you, just used your post to reply too..

Has anybody ever used KGB Deals? There is an offer on there I am thinking of buying but I have never used it and reviews of KGB don't look too good.

I've had a few deals with KGB and never had any problems. I find them very good and have never had a company refuse to honour the deal like I have with Groupon. Then again, it is hit and miss as I have also had some good deals with Groupon.

I've had a few deals with KGB and never had any problems. I find them very good and have never had a company refuse to honour the deal like I have with Groupon. Then again, it is hit and miss as I have also had some good deals with Groupon.

MEH ? :hihi::hihi:

In my experience, if you give the merchant the right experience and they have a say in the deal, then they come back.

We are only a small business, but we try and answer any customer questions straight away. Our business was set up following an interview with Groupon 2 years ago. We wanted to take the great stuff they did and try and get rid of the bad stuff that they do.

Groupon can be a great model for people that want Loads of customers into their business, the problem only occurs when it becomes too many or the advert is wrong.

As a Sheffield business we tend to bump into alot of our merchants networking, so we like to try and make sure everything is right for them. We also now send out on average 130,000 SMS messages for them per week as part of the service.

I think there will always be a few problems on deals, if the sales person doesnt explain everything or understates the impact it can have..... BUT if everything is done in the right way there shouldn't be any problems. I have had some good things off all the main multinational sites but I have also had alot of cancelled deals via them too.