Guitar Repairs in Sheffield

My eldest son has accidently dropped on broken the neck of my youngest sons electric guitar :(

Now being a complete numpty and knowing nothing about guitars I would appreciate any advice please. Can a new neck be put on a guitar, who and where if it can? Any idea of a price approx - its a stagg

:help: Please because full on war has broken out:rant: and I'm ready to sit in a corner stabbing myself in the eyes with blunt pencils because its more fun :rolleyes:

steve french at the guitar shop on london road can do this. might not be worth it on a cheap guitar if thats what it is but its done fairly regularly on decent ones that are damaged.

It cost £260 and I know in the grand scheme of guitars thats cheap, but not so cheap if it's got to be replaced:(

Any idea how much a repair like that would be - less than £260?

Thanks for the recommendation btw :)

Is it a strat type?

Stagg are the cheaper end of the market. If it is and is bolted on you might find a replacement on ebay....

I can highly recommend David Hallam at the Guitar Cellar. He is a very experienced luthier and will do an excellent job.

He is based in Dinnington (underneath the market)

Telephone: 01909 564653

He will give you an honest opinion as to if it is worth repairing.

It cost £260 and I know in the grand scheme of guitars thats cheap, but not so cheap if it's got to be replaced:(

Any idea how much a repair like that would be - less than £260?

Thanks for the recommendation btw :)

think its was about 80 quid on someone i knows guitar, but price would vary depending on the repair needed and the guitar etc

Hi all.

I'm looking for someone to do some work on a couple of acoustic guitars, preferably in the Ecclesall / Abbeydale area.

One is in need of set up and, possibly, some other work. It has a rattle and the second string sounds a bit dead compared to the rest. The other has a small split in the side which needs fixing / reinforcing.

Somebody once recommended someone up Bents Green way but I can't remember the details. Somebody else, more recently, has recommended Wavelength on London Road but for some unfathomable reason I'd feel more comfortable dealing with an individual than a shop.

Having said that, has anybody had any experience with Wavelength? I need a decent job, obviously, and the other requirement will be a fast turnaround because I'll need the work done between gigs.

Any info. gratefully received!

Hi all.

I'm looking for someone to do some work on a couple of acoustic guitars, preferably in the Ecclesall / Abbeydale area.

One is in need of set up and, possibly, some other work. It has a rattle and the second string sounds a bit dead compared to the rest. The other has a small split in the side which needs fixing / reinforcing.

Somebody once recommended someone up Bents Green way but I can't remember the details. Somebody else, more recently, has recommended Wavelength on London Road but for some unfathomable reason I'd feel more comfortable dealing with an individual than a shop.

Having said that, has anybody had any experience with Wavelength? I need a decent job, obviously, and the other requirement will be a fast turnaround because I'll need the work done between gigs.

https://www.facebook.com/AitkenAudio - This guy knows his stuff and will probably do you a decent price. (if he does acoustics... not sure worth a try)

There is a guitar shop at broomhill, can't remember the name just around the corner from the York Pub.

I've had a guitar repaired there and he did a good job

See link in my signature....sure he can sort you out

Hi all.

You may be looking for Steve Black. He lives towards the top of Ringinglow Road. Well known local musician who does set up and repairs I believe.