Tank graveyard at Darnall

my dad had a pig sty there down my uncle harry waters also had haulage company at the side of the scrap yard

Harry waters or harri watters as my mother and dad called him was a friend of the family he once flitted us from the abourthorn to darnall on the back of the lorry i keep hearing about these stys but can't think where they were unless they were at the side of the cemetery try and explain to me where they were

harry waters in dark blue ,pig ally was just at side of high hazel park, went all way down to bottem, of park came out near pub ;)

harry waters in dark blue ,pig ally was just at side of high hazel park, went all way down to bottem, of park came out near pub ;)

Thanks for answering that mate but thats infield lane piggy lane but the the pig stys somebody on here were talking about were supposed to be at the side of where the tanks were at the side of the cemetry , some of the waters have still got a stall in parkway market

Thanks for answering that mate but thats infield lane piggy lane but the the pig stys somebody on here were talking about were supposed to be at the side of where the tanks were at the side of the cemetry , some of the waters have still got a stall in parkway market

vickers on greenland road top of park pig ally i lived it

---------- Post added 10-01-2013 at 19:42 ----------

Harry Waters haulage ,J G Osbornes king coal

---------- Post added 10-01-2013 at 19:45 ----------

Harry waters or harri watters as my mother and dad called him was a friend of the family he once flitted us from the abourthorn to darnall on the back of the lorry i keep hearing about these stys but can't think where they were unless they were at the side of the cemetery try and explain to me where they were
go to top of colford turn left then road turn right and walk down the what we called pig ally

go to top of colford turn left then road turn right and walk down the what we called pig ally

did you live in darnall i might know you

did you live in darnall i might know you

my familey came from darnall

osborne

---------- Post added 10-01-2013 at 20:22 ----------

haulage

j g osborne

was you or one of your brothers a pro golfer that used to be a pal of tom driver

was you or one of your brothers a pro golfer that used to be a pal of tom driver
no our famley where haulage

I used to work in that yard on barley wood road burning the planes up and then the ships i used to work on the out of town jobs and i used to drive the crane and the green bedford tk back in the 60s and 70s and i have still got a tank aerial made into a rod somewhere

that was my Gandfather's place, Derek Vickers

can remember all those things used to play on barley wood road and in deniffs on sand heaps remember Greenland road been closed and all kids playing on road going to playground and great chip shop across road from it.also army camp

can remember all those things used to play on barley wood road and in deniffs on sand heaps remember Greenland road been closed and all kids playing on road going to playground and great chip shop across road from it.also army camp

my names terry roe did you live near there