Anyone had rogue Premium Rate calls on their phone bills?

Have you tried calling the number? Just once to see if you can ID the other end?

Have you tried calling the number? Just once to see if you can ID the other end?

Thanks for that idea. Yes, tried a few and they appear to be connected with promotions. So must now make absolutely sure she has not made any calls for competitions though she is an honest person.

Thanks for that idea. Yes, tried a few and they appear to be connected with promotions. So must now make absolutely sure she has not made any calls for competitions though she is an honest person.

But at 91 may be a bit forgetful?..No offence meant by the way.. :)

The thought came to me because nan was crossword mad and I used to buy her Chat and Take A Break as soon as they came out. I used to get them afterwards to read, which was near impossible because she used to tear all the puzzles out. I'd be getting to a good bit of a story and she'd have tore half of it out for the crossword on the other side of the page :hihi:

Can you post the numbers here?

The thought came to me because nan was crossword mad and I used to buy her Chat and Take A Break as soon as they came out. I used to get them afterwards to read, which was near impossible because she used to tear all the puzzles out. I'd be getting to a good bit of a story and she'd have tore half of it out for the crossword on the other side of the page :hihi:

Can you post the numbers here?

Could do but have tried them and answer usually says promotion is now over. So if you rang them it'd be the same.

Could do but have tried them and answer usually says promotion is now over. So if you rang them it'd be the same.

I would never ring them - too tight not a that price. I was going to have a google for you. Have you tried googling yet?

Hi-

What is the date? My grandads had the same.. now usually, I'd tell him he's definately done it because the BT system reads straight from the exchange.

But this number, Ive looked up myself both on google and phonepayplus, and theres no information on it

The number is 0904 5452866 on 19th July. He said he wasnt even in at that time

Well it definitely looks like it is a scam number, does your mum have any grandkids going to the house at all who could have made these calls thinking they might have won something but realised cost of call so used their nans phone instead??

Best advice is to get BT to bar 09 numbers from her line. Then it can't happen again. Nowadays with newllines they tend to do this from the start - you have to ASK for them to be enabled.

I got scammed a few years ago.(the click to close a pop up variety) and offcom had a list of these numbers, and yes bt insist you pay and sadly they hold the cards-I sent them a cheque made out to...'bt supports thieving b******s dept' but they and my bank still cashed it...so maybe they have such a dept. anyway if it is one of these scam charges, however they got her number-there was a group trying to fight bt in the courts because they are in fact supporting criminals when they hand over the cash after its been reported as a scam-don't know how they got on with the case though...

I'd suggest you check the offcom site if they still do it.

Hi I know one scam thats going around.........You can a phone call thats a recorded message saying you have won a price press 9 to hear what you have won...Now here's the cleaver bit, it you press 9 to hear what you have won when you hang up, it is still clocking up the cost of the phone call.......Your mother has not been a victim of this scam.

Wouldn't surprise me if BT were part of the scam, wouldn't touch this company if they offered their services free, nothing but thieving scammers