Can My Employer Do This?

The boss has stolen from her workmates.This constitutes gross misconduct and is punishable by instant dismissal.

It's not theft as she hasn't permanantly deprived them of it. It could well be criminal damage however as the food will have been damaged by being thrown in the bin.

When will you get in the real world there are loads of people like you on the dole saying there is nothing suitable out there for me .Bosses can do what they like and that includes sacking people like you who like to report them for trivial offenceses . You would be the first to go.

I had a go at this person for taking a back seat and letting others speak up, but all said and done bosses can't just do what they like, this person paid for this food and the boss should have taken the issue up with her/him first and gave this person options to remove her stuff her self if that be the case. you can't just go around being a bully because your the boss, what if for example on a lunch break she nipped out to buy some thing for the tea like meat or fish for exmample, what is this person supposed to do, leave it stinking and the chance of going rotten in the work place, someone needs to tell this boss the all purpose of having a fridge. :rant:

Mod Note

Posts containing insults have been removed, keep it civil please.

It's not theft as she hasn't permanantly deprived them of it. It could well be criminal damage however as the food will have been damaged by being thrown in the bin.

If she has thrown it in the bin she has permanently deprived them of it , as it is not fit to eat. Thus it is theft and she should be dismissed instantly for gross misconduct.

Why is it theft? Did the manager take the stuff home?

If I steal something from a shop , do I need to take it home before I can be charged with theft?......OF COURSE NOT!!!!!!:)

If she has thrown it in the bin she has permanently deprived them of it , as it is not fit to eat. Thus it is theft and she should be dismissed instantly for gross misconduct.

Does food instantly become uneatable once it's out of the fridge..?

If I steal something from a shop , do I need to take it home before I can be charged with theft?......OF COURSE NOT!!!!!!:)

Your intending to deprive the owner of the shop .. that's theft...if I wlak out of a shop with something to see it in natural daylight that isn't theft 'cos I don't intend to deprive the shop owner of it permanently..

When will you get in the real world there are loads of people like you on the dole saying there is nothing suitable out there for me .Bosses can do what they like and that includes sacking people like you who like to report them for trivial offenceses . You would be the first to go.

I am not on the dole :loopy:

Your intending to deprive the owner of the shop .. that's theft...

She intended depriving them of their food and did so......THEFT!

She intended depriving them of their food and did so......THEFT!

Nope,the food is still there...

Does food instantly become uneatable once it's out of the fridge..?

Yes when it is in the bin. It does!

Nope,the food is still there...

NOPE....it was thrown away.