My dogs come into season for the first time and is poorly

I have an 11month old American Bulldog, she has come into season during the night but is poorly with it. We woke up to several piles of pooh (all runny) and 4 lots of sick :( (first time she's ever messed in the house)... She can't even keep her water down, and is just laid on her bed feeling rather sorry for herself :( is this normal or do i need to take her to the vets?

I dont think the sickness & diarrhoea will have anything to do with coming into season, but then I'm not an expert in dog health. Sounds like she's picked up a bug. I think you should get her to see the vet asap. With all that pooing & sickness she could become very dehydrated which is not good for any animal.

I am going to ring them at 9:30 when thy open just to be on the safe side :( x

I dont think its the season thats making her poorly, does sound like an infection, are you definately sure shes in season, or that could be part of the infection.

Which ever I would get her to the vet to make sure,

Edited by MARY POPPINS

If you can, please let us know how your dog is. Nothing worse than a worried poster who never gives a follow up & then leaves us all anxious for you & the little one. Thanks!

Whatever upset her stomach as gone now, so maybe she ate something whilst we was out at the park yesterday. The vet said as long as she's now eating and drinking there is no need for concern :) as i type this she's out on the back playing with a ball with my children :D

Aww, bless her. Glad she's feeling better :)

Maybe she has been cleaning herself & its upset her tummy ?

Aww..glad she is all okay now. My old dog was a terror for snaffling up cat poo when I wasn't looking :gag: That always resulted in the most horrendous squit fest the next day. No matter what you feed 'em...those bad doggies are always on the look out for tasty extras aren't they?

so glad shes ok now ...you may never know what caused her to be ill...you havnt any flowers in the house that dogs are allergic to have you ...like lillies

Our lotties first season was like that runny poo sick wouldn't drink was like that for 3 days only thing the vet would do was give her anti sick jabs. Lottie is a jack russel.:(

My dog used to always get a tummy upset just before & 1st few days of starting her season. Best thing I did getting her neutered, wish I'd done it sooner.