Nazi uniforms are they sexy or taboo.

I am well aware of the above. It seems a trifle hypocritical on your part to go on about 'British Atrocities' when you chose to take US Nationality thereby benefitting from the very atrocities that you seek to condemn (when it suits you).

Think further than the immediate question in future you'll minimize embarrassment.

Well this is the way many of the threads go. The discussion centers on one topic then becomes a slagging match when an exp-pat posts a comment since there are many on the forum who are anti-American which I've often wondered about but concluded that Sheffielders were and are traditionally far left in their political views and their views on America have been passed down to them by their parents. Sooner or later the subject of Vietnam comes up then the history of the American Indian as a way to get a little bile and hatred in.

Uptowngirl's comment on a recent post is typical of this. Why cant people like that think before they make such comments? Did she overlook the massacre by the Paras in Derry on Bloody Sunday or again harping back to the centuries of injustice to the Irish?. I'm not an Irish nationalist or even Irish. I just get annoyed when people post negative comments knowing as they should that there's an old saying "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

You asked a rather stupid question earlier about "handing America back to the Native Americans".

Why not ask the same to an Aussie, a Canadian a New Zelanader or a white South African?

Well this is the way many of the threads go. The discussion centers on one topic then becomes a slagging match when an exp-pat posts a comment since there are many on the forum who are anti-American which I've often wondered about but concluded that Sheffielders were and are traditionally far left in their political views and their views on America have been passed down to them by their parents. Sooner or later the subject of Vietnam comes up then the history of the American Indian as a way to get a little bile and hatred in.

Uptowngirl's comment on a recent post is typical of this. Why cant people like that think before they make such comments? Did she overlook the massacre by the Paras in Derry on Bloody Sunday or again harping back to the centuries of injustice to the Irish?. I'm not an Irish nationalist or even Irish. I just get annoyed when people post negative comments knowing as they should that there's an old saying "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

You asked a rather stupid question earlier about "handing America back to the Native Americans".

Why not ask the same to an Aussie, a Canadian a New Zelanader or a white South African?

I'm not anti-American, I have no love for the US Government but then again the same is true of the British Government.

YOU seem to want to denounce what you see as British Atrocities and yet are content to benefit from them.

a while back i noticed a yahoo group who were into nazi uniforms as a fetish. the question is, is it right or wrong? the nazis were evil no nodoubt about it but yet some are drawn to the uniforms of that time it would seem. :huh:

Answer to your thread title,taboo!!!

If people find them sexy they are sick and twisted.

They should be banned,and only available for film/stage actors.

As for fancy dress parties, Prince Harry learned to his cost,its direspectful and thoroughly distasteful to the memory of those who died because of that evil regime.Are people ignorant about twentieth century history or what? and if they are why? arn't they being educated properly??

They're are still neo-nazi groups scattered around Europe,who support the nazi regime,some in secret,some flaunting it,and displaying swastikas lets hope they never become powerful.

Answer to your thread title,taboo!!!

If people find them sexy they are sick and twisted.

They should be banned,and only available for film/stage actors....

Should British uniforms be banned for having been worn by a Nation that conquered a large part of the globe?

Should Communist uniforms be banned for murdering 10's of millions?

I'm not anti-American, I have no love for the US Government but then again the same is true of the British Government.

YOU seem to want to denounce what you see as British Atrocities and yet are content to benefit from them.

I'm still suspicious of people like you. How often have you criticized Russia and China for their past sins, particularly Russia when it was part of the USSR.?

Any comments on the Tiannemen Square massacre or the atrocities committed against the Tibetans, the arrest of dissidents by the Chinese government.

I dont know how I benefited from British atcocities in particular. How would you like to make it all right again, change history? Get real !!! :hihi:

Why comment on a subject you know little about?

Because I clearly know more about it than you do, unless you would like to enlighten us. It will save me the trouble if you do.

I'm still suspicious of people like you. How often have you criticized Russia and China for their past sins, particularly Russia when it was part of the USSR.?

Any comments on the Tiannemen Square massacre or the atrocities committed against the Tibetans, the arrest of dissidents by the Chinese government.

I dont know how I benefited from British atcocities in particular. How would you like to make it all right again, change history? Get real !!! :hihi:

The Communists are responsible for millions more deaths than the Nazis.

I have no desire to make it all right again, time travels forward only (unless you have a time machine).

The American Indians should have slaughtered the Whites in order to defend their lands, they failed therefore they were dispossessed.

My fathers and brothers took the land and they should hold it.

You see I acknowledge that atrocities are an historical fact of life, we are where we are.

You on the other hand go on about Brit Atrocities and thereby condemn yourself for living where you do.

Seeing the distinction yet?

Because I clearly know more about it than you do, unless you would like to enlighten us. It will save me the trouble if you do.

When were you in Vietnam then? I was there 1967/68. What outfit did you serve in and the location?

Did the Vietnam adventure succeed in any meaningful way

Edited by Jag82

The Communists are responsible for millions more deaths than the Nazis.

I have no desire to make it all right again, time travels forward only (unless you have a time machine).

The American Indians should have slaughtered the Whites in order to defend their lands, they failed therefore they were dispossessed.

My fathers and brothers took the land and they should hold it.

You see I acknowledge that atrocities are an historical fact of life, we are where we are.

You on the other hand go on about Brit Atrocities and thereby condemn yourself for living where you do.

Seeing the distinction yet?

The only reason atrocities came up and threw the thread off track was Uptowngirl's mention of Vietnam to which i responded in kind. Prior to that the thread stayed mainly on subject about Nazi uniforms then deviated a bit to WW2 history

Blame Uptowngirl :hihi:

Did the Vietnam adventure succeed in any meaningful way

Ask yourself that and draw your own conclusions

Ask yourself that and draw your own conclusions

The US and to a much lesser extent Aussie boys suffered due to their own Governments bad policy decisions. The UK thankfully managed to stay out of that one.

Those that served their Nation over there received scant thanks for their sacrifice by their Governments.

Note the criticism of Government Policy not the US Nation per se.

The day the US Public remembers the reason for overthrowing the British Crown and selects themselves a decent President, Senate and Representatives is the day when the US will approximate paradise on earth.

Edited by Jag82