Old fridge unwanted

does anyone know how to dispose of an old fridge, its in no fit state to be used anymore. would the scrap men take it ?

What area are you in as I take them just depends were you are thanks

The council used to collect fridges and freezers for free not sure if they still do, look on their site.

i live in woodhouse, would you be able to collect and if so is it free.

Hi I can come and collect it but not while saturday as am busy thanks if you want to send me address and number I will contact you thanks

Hi I can come and collect it but not while saturday as am busy thanks if you want to send me address and number I will contact you thanks

do you collet from s5 too?

Hi, I live in woodhouse too and getting a new fridge freezer on tuesday. would you be able to take mine too? it still works fine, just cosmetically scratched and dinted. I will be putting it outside monday pm, thanks.

If you leave anything out for scrap, it will soon be gone, for free. If you want to save it for a specific scrap man I wouldn't put it out until you know hes coming otherwise the "searching scrapmen" will take it :)

Hi, I live in woodhouse too and getting a new fridge freezer on tuesday. would you be able to take mine too? it still works fine, just cosmetically scratched and dinted. I will be putting it outside monday pm, thanks.

if it works why not offer it for sale / swap etc either in the classifieds on SF or via freecylce or see if there are any charities etc that will take it ...

If you leave anything out for scrap, it will soon be gone, for free. If you want to save it for a specific scrap man I wouldn't put it out until you know hes coming otherwise the "searching scrapmen" will take it :)

Don't be so sure.

Recently saw a fridge left out for 'scrap men'. Two turned up, in the requiste white tranny-van, got out and moved fridge down street out of sight of the house (one even gave thumbs up to owner). Then used big hammer to get the motor off the fridge, chucked that in back of van, left fridge nice and neat just out of sight of house and disappeared down the road.

Don't just leave it out for any old person to take - it'll end up taken by someone acting completely illegally, who probably won't care where the parts they don't want end up (as the previous poster has described). Have a look on the council website - there is a collection service for bulky items which will then be disposed of properly. I believe it is free in certain circumstances. Stopping fly tipping is everyone's responsibility.