Strange white, trail-less aeroplanes over Sheffield

I just saw 4 weird aeroplanes flying over Crookes and I wonder if anyone else saw them.

They were pure white, almost like they were paper cut-outs.

They left no vapour trail and were silent.

They seemed to be pretty high in the sky and were travelling about as fast as a regular plane, so they probably weren't gliders.

Anyone else see them or know what they are?

This thread I found describes a similar spotting over Galway in Ireland: http://www.alienexistence.com/index.php?topic=1279.0. Although the ones I saw clearly had wings.

EDIT - By the way I did take pics with my phone but the planes just look like white dots.

Edited by kitsuneyo
Add info

Planes?

If they were high you wouldn't hear them anyway and planes only leave vapour trails under certain atmospheric conditions

Their appearance alone suggested they weren't ordinary planes. I wish I could've gotten a decent picture. I've seen a lot of planes in the sky and these were different. They moved in a strange way, as if their direction was affected by the wind. They were very bright white. Maybe they were unmanned drones, I don't know. Just wanted to know if anyone else saw them.

Probably on their way to Waddington for the Air Show this weekend.

Don't think so angel22, they were travelling west towards the Peak District. Waddington is east.

Maybe they had flown all the way to Waddington, realised they had forgotten something and were flying back to get it?? :)

Maybe they had flown all the way to Waddington, realised they had forgotten something and were flying back to get it?? :)

Case closed :)

Firstly they were not experimental cold-fusion fighter jets dropping mind-altering chemicals over large UK cities to subdue independently-thinking residents. Secondly, move on this is doesn't concern you.

Firstly they were not experimental cold-fusion fighter jets dropping mind-altering chemicals over large UK cities to subdue independently-thinking residents. Secondly, move on this is doesn't concern you.

I thought they were flying around locating all the time wasting kids on their way to meadowhall to eradicate them!!!!! :D

Well if they looked like planes,traveled as fast as planes,flew as high as planes,well who can even guess at what they were.

Spy drones ?

Probably on their way to Waddington for the Air Show this weekend.

Oh right, that will explain the back to front plane, flying over here on wednesday and the bi-plane yesterday.