Can anyone suggest a bandname?

We're changing our band name to one that's not rubbish like our current one The Dollarhydes. Jeez how did we ever come up with that?

We've been bouncing ideas round for a couple of weeks & have a couple that aren't bad, but they're not great. (we're a covers band btw so no death metal type names)

Must be short(ish) & not too easy to mis-spell

Go for a unique one that comes up well on Google like "The Infadels". They mis-spelt it accidentally but it works a treat.

Agreed, the only good thing about The Dollarhydes is that it comes up as 1st suggestion when searched on Google. Any half decent names also have the URL already taken. So something unique & not rubbish would be nice.

You could all wear latex and call yourself the Rubber Band.

Sorry.

I'll get my coat.

Go for a unique one that comes up well on Google like "The Infadels". They mis-spelt it accidentally but it works a treat.

Infadels:suspect: why not....." taliban jazz quartet" ...that would come up a treat too, mind you depends where they're thinking of touring.

Why not call your band after a musical term or notation, in doing so it covers any style of music you wish to play and if at a later date you want to branch out into another style the name need not be changed........call it something like ' Augamented ' after a type of chord.

' Headstock ' after a part of your guitar.

' Phaser ' sci-fi type name.

Just a case of using your imagination and getting a good sounding name that easy for anyone to remember and is catchy.

We're changing our band name to one that's not rubbish like our current one The Dollarhydes. Jeez how did we ever come up with that?

We've been bouncing ideas round for a couple of weeks & have a couple that aren't bad, but they're not great. (we're a covers band btw so no death metal type names)

Must be short(ish) & not too easy to mis-spell

If your band is not very good what about Vandercrap Generator.

A rock band could be Route 616

A pop covers band -Undercover or Copycats or Coveralls

It's hard, if you're serious and are going to have a website you need to find a name with a free .com or .co.uk ......this way you'll always be found on a search of the web. That is what we did in my band Eight Deadly Words.

One name I have that was nearly the name of my last band is...... Suns of Tradition.....it doesn't suggest any particular style so won't put people off looking into what kind of songs you do etc.....and when you google it there aren't many exact matches so you'll always be first on google.

Edited by chanser