Anyone been/moved to Thailand

Or currently lives there?

I'd like to know what you think of the place as I'm weighing up going there for a while and escaping the ratrace.

I'd like to know what you think of the place as I'm weighing up going there for a while and escaping the ratrace.

'CaptChris' lives there and is a forum member

dont do anything bad out there they soon lock you up and you wont like it.

My mate has a bar over in Thailand. Mars Bar

you'll find the rat race is alive and well in Thailand and same as in most places, the rats are winning.

Depends if you have to find work or not.

I love the place, but it depends where you go. I wouldn't want to live in Bangkok. I would live in Chaing Mai as it has the hussle and bustle of city life but within a ten minute drive you can be out in the hills and surrounding country.

Like most places though, on the surface it great, but when you start scratching underneath is is very corrupt and you need to be careful you don't get scammed.

I'd go for a long holiday first to see if you like it.

Have a word with someone who has done it already and loves life now...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mars-bar-cafe/133435980009610

send him a friend request and ask away ;)

My Dad retired to Thailand and loves it there.He had a house built in a gated community for 30k.A whole different set of rules out there.This Thai forum will give you the street wise know how.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=pattaya+secrets+forum&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CFUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pattayasecrets.com%2F&ei=XWUFUNn-JYjL0QX6vYT0Bw&usg=AFQjCNHI9fNV2d45Nk3avqe8an4QwzXjpg

Edited by Total Chaos

The weather is always perfect in Thailand. Visitors used to colder climates may be forgiven for assuming that between May and November it is very hot and wet. The truth is the warm glow covering the perfect landscape is occasionally broken by gentle raindrops falling to earth like petals to enrich the fertile soil. This is called the ‘low season’ because there are fewer tourists about and business is not as active. Airfares to Thailand are usually lower, the already very affordable accommodation is plentiful, and room rates are cheaper.

I just nearly had a pant emergency reading that.... My mate over there has been flooded by the perfect weather falling to earth like petals 3 times now..

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

The weather is always perfect in Thailand. Visitors used to colder climates may be forgiven for assuming that between May and November it is very hot and wet. The truth is the warm glow covering the perfect landscape is occasionally broken by gentle raindrops falling to earth like petals to enrich the fertile soil. This is called the ‘low season’ because there are fewer tourists about and business is not as active. Airfares to Thailand are usually lower, the already very affordable accommodation is plentiful, and room rates are cheaper.

I just nearly had a pant emergency reading that.... My mate over there has been flooded by the perfect weather falling to earth like petals 3 times now..

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

It is usually at night it rains and then only for an hour or so,but enough to flood the streets now and again,but it will all be gone in a couple of hours.My dad told me that in Pattaya, it flooded and the crocodile park up the road also flooded and the crocs escaped and where in the streets:hihi:.

It is usually at night it rains and then only for an hour or so,but enough to flood the streets now and again,but it will all be gone in a couple of hours.My dad told me that in Pattaya, it flooded and the crocodile park up the road also flooded and the crocs escaped and where in the streets:hihi:.

Best not pack the crocodile boots then .....