Anyone been/moved to Thailand

Apparently It's easy to rent bikes out there, sounds like fun.

like the others say be careful, theres a lot of scams around renting bikes and jet ski's

never hand over your passport for security

belive it or not alot of people do

its a good idea to travel with photo copys of your passport when in asia

most of the bike rental scams, where trhe renters invent scatches and bumps on the bike that were there already, take place on the southern islands, with the scamming hotspots of Phuket and Ko Tao standing out. In the north and northeast, and even Pattaya, renters trying on the funny stuff is much more unusual. I've always avoided the southern islands and the south of Thailand in general actually.

accidents can happen, the big blackspot here is Ko Samui. Dozens if not hundreds of tourists come a cropper there every year. If you do not have a full motorbike drivers' license, then you are not covered on your travel insurance. Ditto if you are not wearing a helmet. And if you are carrying a passenger, they are not covered on normal travel insurance either, even if you yourself have a full license.

the message is go there and have fun, but just be careful. It can be dazzling especially for a newbie, you can lose focus and get out of touch with reality.

once you've covinced them you're not a walking A.T.M machine

I always have t-shirts printed in Asia that say I AM NOT AN ATM or ATM OFFLINE or something similar, printed in the local language, Thai for Thailand, Cebuano for southern Philippines. My latest one was Dilo Ko Gwapo, Dili Ko ATM which means I am not handsome and I'm not an ATM, in Cebuano.

I also played a practical joke on some Chiang Mai expat once, and had a t-shirt printed and gave it him for a present with a nice design of Buddhas and Temples on it. Only thing was, there was also this large lettering on it, that said in Thai script, I'VE GOT 50,000 BAHT IN MY UNDERPANTS.