Harry Redknapp leaves Spurs.

Rushup

The Guardian reported earlier today that Harry Redknapp was on the verge of being sacked, and the BBC have now confirmed he has left Tottenham.

Should it emerge Spurs sacked Redknapp - which seems likely - they should be applauded for doing so: Redknapp publicly courted Fabio Capello's job for over a year, repeatedly risking the confidence of his own players and chairman; he refused to negotiate a contract extension from his employer, preferring instead to continue pining for the England job; when it finally became available he was too distracted by the England vacancy to bother managing his own club properly; and, after all that, Redknapp farcically demanded a new contract to "Avoid unsettling players".

The man has shown scant regard for loyalty to the biggest club he's ever likely to manage, and deserves none in return.

It's just been announced that Redknapp is to stand down as manger of Spurs. Early indications do suggest that he was pushed as Spurs wouldn't offer him a new contract.

Madness by Spurs, when Redknapp took over Spurs were in the relegation zone, under Redknapp Spurs have challenged for the top four consistently. I bet if Chelsea lost the Champions League final Redknapp would still be in a job as Spurs would have got the Champions League qualification spot.

To judge Redknapp is unbelievable as at the start of the season every at Spurs fan would have been happy with forth place. I predict that spurs will now fall back down to the level that they were at prior to Redknapp's involvement with them.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

It's just been announced that Redknapp is to stand down as manger of Spurs. Early indications do suggest that he was pushed as Spurs wouldn't offer him a new contract.

Madness by Spurs, when Redknapp took over Spurs were in the relegation zone, under Redknapp Spurs have challenged for the top four consistently. I bet if Chelsea lost the Champions League final Redknapp would still be in a job as Spurs would have got the Champions League qualification spot.

To judge Redknapp is unbelievable as at the start f the season every at Spurs would have been happy with forth place. I predict that spurs will now fall back down to the level that they were at prior to Redknapp's involvement with them.

Betting has been suspended on David Moyes.

You get the feeling that Daniel Levy had run out of patience with Harry. It's strange how history repeats itself at Tottenham. Alan Sugar and Terry Venables all over again, with the manager thinking he is untouchable and relying on his sycophantic media chums for support over his contract. They are already on the radio venting their spleens.

Or may be they want a manager that is committed to the club rather than one with a eye on the England job if / when Hodgson fails.

During Redknapp's time at Spurs when he was in charge for a full season they finished 4th, 5th, and 4th, their best run for as far as I can remember, so how Spurs can judge him as being anything other than a success is beyond me.

Also, if Levy doesn't want someone who hasn't got one eye on the England managers job then I suggest that he doesn't employ an decent English manager.

Where did I say that he wasn’t successful ……… just that he was ready to jump ship, its hardly surprising that a new contract hasn’t been offered.

I'd thought that successes is what you should judge managers on, not ambition. The problem for Levy is that ability and ambition tends to go together, so maybe he needs to appoint a less talented manager?