Jordan Rhodes ..

canadablade

Did nothing and still got a medal...Not bad that then eh ?

Well CB, That part of D Wilson's plan worked well and Maguire kept him quiet. It must have been sickening seeing United playing such negative football having been so attack minded almost all the season. I thought that Maguire, Lowton and Quinn had good games, and Cresswell ran his socks off. However, United never really looked like scoring did they ? Simonssen saved you with 2 or 3 good saves and there were 2 kicked off the line. The same can't be said of the other goal area. So all in all I have to say that the better team won.

And my prediction that Huddersfield would score at least once went out of the window.

Well CB, That part of D Wilson's plan worked well and Maguire kept him quiet. It must have been sickening seeing United playing such negative football having been so attack minded almost all the season. I thought that Maguire, Lowton and Quinn had good games, and Cresswell ran his socks off. However, United never really looked like scoring did they ? Simonssen saved you with 2 or 3 good saves and there were 2 kicked off the line. The same can't be said of the other goal area. So all in all I have to say that the better team won.

And my prediction that Huddersfield would score at least once went out of the window.

TBH Neither team looked like scoring pal and we even said at half time it was going to penalties...All our good build up was wasted and we needed a finisher and we all know where he is.

think basically all what you said above to be true but on that performance with our without Rhodes I can see them coming straight back down ..

TBH Neither team looked like scoring pal and we even said at half time it was going to penalties...All our good build up was wasted and we needed a finisher and we all know where he is.

think basically all what you said above to be true but on that performance with our without Rhodes I can see them coming straight back down ..

As always, it's what happens between now and August that matters. All promoted teams have to strengthen to stay up there. I can see Charlton struggling, but I expect the Udders to use any Rhodes money to buy some key players.

How do you think the Blades would have gone on had they gone up?

Incidentally, credit to you and the son for making the journey over, if it's a long way back up the M1 after losing, it must be a hell of a journey back across the Atlantic.

My thoughts (and I have just said this on another thread) is that if we could contain Rhodes and Novak so easily, then Championship clubs will do the same. Huddersfield will not stay up playing like that, but I would expect them to strengthen over Summer.

He was very ineffective on Saturday.

And it showed in Huddersfields overall play - not very good at all.

Makes you think, if other teams (including us at Hillsborough) had silenced him a bit more this season, then they wouldn't have made it to the play offs. and without him they are pretty poor.

But any talk of a £6m price tag is ridiculous.

He was very ineffective on Saturday.

And it showed in Huddersfields overall play - not very good at all.

Makes you think, if other teams (including us at Hillsborough) had silenced him a bit more this season, then they wouldn't have made it to the play offs. and without him they are pretty poor.

But any talk of a £6m price tag is ridiculous.

Fulham had a £3.5m bid rejected, his original contract was until 2013, I am not sure if at any point he signed an extension to that deal

Charlton will spend a few quid and do well, Wednesday will use the loan market again after one or two minor purchases Mandaric will be testing every Thai with a spare few quid as we speak. Huddersfield will struggle, London based is in Charltons favour and David Jones is the main man for Wednesday he is by far the best manager of the three.

Archived