Blades vs hudds - match thread for play off final

The season would get boring very quickly for a lot of clubs if the play offs didn't exist.

I think if they applied similar rules in the Premier League then it wouls be fairer overall - i.e. the Champions and runners up go into the Champions League, then the teams from third to sixth play two-leg semis, with a final at Wembley. The winner of that final gets the third Champions League spot, and the runner-up gets the fourth unless another English team wins the CL (as Chelsea did this time).

I'd like to see the likes of Arsenal accepting that, just because 'the season would get boring very quickly'...

I think if they applied similar rules in the Premier League then it wouls be fairer overall - i.e. the Champions and runners up go into the Champions League, then the teams from third to sixth play two-leg semis, with a final at Wembley. The winner of that final gets the third Champions League spot, and the runner-up gets the fourth unless another English team wins the CL (as Chelsea did this time).

I'd like to see the likes of Arsenal accepting that, just because 'the season would get boring very quickly'...

I don't agree atall how the Champions league places are decided, the Champions from each country should go into it and that's it oh and the winners of the comp...

The play offs were devised long before Sky TV. What's wrong with them? They ensure that most matches are meaningful in the second half of the season.

Before the play offs only the top two were promoted. What's wrong with having a competition for an extra promotion spot?

Three up-three down (4 between Div 3 and 4) started in 1973-4, the season Man United were relegated. The playoffs started in 1986-7, so that's 13 seasons of three being promoted prior to the playoffs...

I don't agree atall how the Champions league places are decided, the Champions from each country should go into it and that's it oh and the winners of the comp...

I agree with that (I wonder how many actual Champions League winners had actually won their league title the season before - (at least three of the occasions Chelsea, Liverpool 2005 and Man U 1999 they didn't).

If they just dropped the Champions bit and called it a European Elite League then fair enough... (and even then it's decided by luck in a knockout cup rather than a league... so should just rename the European Cup...errr...)

off for a bbq now... :)

but if you translate what you just said to league one......ie:- play offs instead of the champions league.............thats what we have already? :loopy:

Go away and grow some fans ! :hihi:

The Premiership helps with that. Can you remember that far back? :)

The Premiership helps with that. Can you remember that far back? :)

It's a sad day when a fan of a team that's never won the top league or even a trophy can try to lord it over you.

Come back when you've got some real silverware and some history.

It's a sad day when a fan of a team that's never won the top league or even a trophy can try to lord it over you.

Come back when you've got some real silverware and some history.

Hey, comparing the 2 clubs weve been the more successful club this century!

Just trying to add a little flavour to the my half of Sheffield is so much better than your half.

Personally I'm hoping that both Sheffield teams and a lot of the local Northern teams do well so that I can get to a few local games.

]Hey' date=' comparing the 2 clubs weve been the more successful club this century![/b']

Just trying to add a little flavour to the my half of Sheffield is so much better than your half.

Personally I'm hoping that both Sheffield teams and a lot of the local Northern teams do well so that I can get to a few local games.

Actually that's not right is it?

Success is winning things and keeping a club balanced and viable.

What you mean is that United Finished above Wednesday for 10 years while we were in the doldrums but were never really that much better than us and achieved zero...well, apart from a crippling debt and 3rd division football.

Actually that's not right is it?

Success is winning things and keeping a club balanced and viable.

What you mean is that United Finished above Wednesday for 10 years while we were in the doldrums but were never really that much better than us and achieved zero...well, apart from a crippling debt and 3rd division football.

Crippling debts I suppose Wednesday never did that one, at least United haven't bumped anyone yet like the co-op.

Crippling debts I suppose Wednesday never did that one, at least United haven't bumped anyone yet like the co-op.

I am under no illusions what a mess we were in, but now we're not and...you are.

Nobody knows what financial future Sheff Utd have, but it's not looking good.

Debt free in 3 years many were shouting...18 months ago! So, 18 months to go ;)

I am under no illusions what a mess we were in, but now we're not and...you are.

Nobody knows what financial future Sheff Utd have, but it's not looking good.

Debt free in 3 years many were shouting...18 months ago! So, 18 months to go ;)

I think some of you wanna come down to earth a bit about your financial status as well but Owls always have seem more interested in Uniteds.

The bloke who owns you lot will want every penny and more back and is not known for splashing the cash on players, lets see what he puts about in the championship before you worry about United, He loves to talk the talk does old milan but couldn't lace McCabes shoes where committment and spending is concerned.