Sign in to follow this  

'Common Room' do you know your alphabet?

Me and a mate decided to go to the 'common room' on division street last night. It was about midnight and we had just left corporation. We walked to the doors to be met by 2 door men! We got asked for ID (which we had and showed to them). One of the bouncers then asked my mate if he could recite the alphabet?!?!?! WTF!!! I wasn’t aware that to gain entry to a bar you must know the alphabet! Luckily between us we knew it! However after the attitude of the door men and the plain and simply fact that they were taking the **** we decided not to recite the alphabet and told the door men we would go to another bar that wants our money!

It really winds me up to see door men on power trips! The place was hardly full and we had been to quite a few other bars without any hassle what-so-ever.

Needles to say I won’t be going in there again, nor will my mates.

Rant Over :)

Ah let them have their little power trip whilst we secretly know that we are the smug ones.... :D

I got turned away from a couple of clubs the other weekend for 'being too drunk' which is just ridiculous. If I can remember it I clearly wasn't too drunk :clap:

Stupid bouncers

you can see them staring at your id like there looking see if its you, but actually they are working out our age im sure, it once took a bouncer so long to work mine out i was going to help him out and tell him my age

They might not want people in who are too drunk so give you a little sobriety test on the door :)

After all it is still illegal to sell alcohol to someone who is drunk :hihi:

Me and a mate decided to go to the 'common room' on division street last night. It was about midnight and we had just left corporation. We walked to the doors to be met by 2 door men! We got asked for ID (which we had and showed to them). One of the bouncers then asked my mate if he could recite the alphabet?!?!?! WTF!!! I wasn’t aware that to gain entry to a bar you must know the alphabet! Luckily between us we knew it! However after the attitude of the door men and the plain and simply fact that they were taking the **** we decided not to recite the alphabet and told the door men we would go to another bar that wants our money!

It really winds me up to see door men on power trips! The place was hardly full and we had been to quite a few other bars without any hassle what-so-ever.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

No need for them to behave like that very bad indeed :hihi:

Do it alot to people i have been told

they could also be testing your nationality or the genuineness (that can't possibly be a real word :confused: ) of your ID wrt to your nationality...

... or if you're drunk

... unless they've got a bet on about the number of Americans in Sheffield :P

Sorry. The bit in bold made me giggle.:hihi:

Back to watching Sesame Street for you two eh?

I don't want to be in any bar that doesn't want me in it. I've only fallen out with two bars for this; the forum many moons ago and Bungalows and bears one saturday night where they obviously didn't think we looked cool enough as I was out with a group of my thirty something mates as opposed to my twenty something mates who i'd been in with the day before. They do nice food though so i've let them off now.

The bouncers job is to stand guard at the door of a venue looking mean and menacing and making sure that people who have money to spend do not gain entry to said venue.