Pedestrian killed in collision with police car

So what you've done there is repeat that you'll have time to stop without explaining how. If someone leaps in front of your car there will be no time to react.

Admittedly at lower speed any injuries would be reduced,

Worth it then dont you agree?

Slowing down i mean.

but it was a police car speeding

Theres the difference

in the course of the officers duties

What was the emergency exactly?

nothing wrong or unusual about that.

Some one died.

Id say thats wrong and unusual

According to you.

Scuse me?

What's obvious is that you're not interested in the evidence or what actually happened.

Your mixing me up with heading north on that one.

That's not an answer. Do you know what the call was and who made it?

I know it wasnt a serious emergency other wise hed have had his bs and 2s on and so wouldnt have ended up in court.

How is you police man friend now he has the death of a young man on his concience?

Or is he over his trauma and back to work as normal?

So the police should drive slowly all the time in case an idiot runs in front of them.

I'm guessing you don't drive if you think it's always possible to stop when the unexpected happens.

I didn't say that. They need to drive in such a manner as to not make things worse. What's the point in catching a burglar if you kill a child to get there! The speed and manner of driving need to be appropriate. On some roads, that would mean say 80mph might be okay at certain times, 20mph at others. It depends on what the driver can see and how he/she can prepare for the unexpected.