Sheffield Wednesday v Carlisle Match Thread

Went to the game yesterday expecting Carlisle to "give us a game" due to their attempts to make the play offs.

From the start the Owls took control, creating many chances but failing due to a combination of poor finishing and good goalkeeping, Johnsons failiure to pass to Madine (at 1-0) when clean through was also a contributary factor. Having said all that it was more a case of when not if we would get a goal and Lines duly obliged.

Carlisle had created a few minor opportunities but a second goal would have killed them off, as in many games like this over the years though you end up paying for missed opportunities and only having a one goal lead when the opposition score.

For the remaining time left in the game the Owls attacked with real purpose, the Antonio incident was a definate red card moment, the determination shone through once the board was held up showing 6 added minutes and Antonios goal was class, the ground erupted and a good few beers followed (along with a hangover today), we may still miss out on automatic promotion but we are giving it a bloody good go.

UTO

I'm afraid if I was a team mate of JJ's,I would have slapped him stupid in changing room at half time.When you're 1-0 up & you've got a 2v1 situation with their keeper,you sqare it for a tap-in,then you can start showing off.That very nearly cost us.I'm surprised Jones let him back on the pitch 2nd half.