Sheffield Wednesday v Carlisle Match Thread

Hotmale 1954

Carlisle's defeat at Stevenage on Tuesday was only their 4th defeat in 21 League games since we lost to them at Carlisle back in October.

Carlisle's away record (last 12 away games)

Won 2 ……. 2-1 at MK Dons and 2-1 at Scunny.

Drawn 5 …… At Wycombe 1-1, Colchester 1-1, Bournemouth 1-1, Huddersfield 1-1, and Preston 3-3.

Lost 5 ….. At Stevenage 1-0, Notts County 2-0, Brentford 4-0, Hartlepool 4-0, and Sheff.Utd 1-0.

Anybody's guess the outcome to this one.

Their away form has picked up again following a short run of heavy defeats, 2-0, 4-0 and 4-0.

Winning at MK was a decent result, and 4 of their recent draws away weren't too shabby either.

Wednesday have looked tired recently, and Antonio, in my opinion, has gone right off the boil. I'd be tempted to go with JJ and Treacy as our wide men. It shouldn't be hard to assess Antonio's form in the first quarter of the game,

should Jones start with him. I could see from the first 10 minutes against Oldham that he wasn't really up to speed, and would be more of a liability than an asset. I reckon he was instrumental in getting Buxton injured with poor passes to him, leaving Lewis short and struggling in to tackles. He didn't pull any trees up at Colchester either, apparently.

It will be difficult, but I think we'll just edge it. I just hope the lads have had plenty of rest, they've looked jaded.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

They did look tired against oldham,but that was no suprise,colchester on the other hand was dissapointing.Antonio is not as fit as the rest of the squad ,thats down to not having megsons keep fit regime, i agree with you regarding treacy and jj. This is a big game for both teams but i expect a wednesday win. 2.0

We will win and 9000 ( goes up every half hour ) blunts will wind there way miserably back to Sheffield with zip .........

1 point game on !

And he has the cheek to dish it out about sly digs :hihi: What goes around comes around, swings and roundabouts.

I will help you out by adding a bit of fact to your statement shall I?

In excess of 6000 United fans will be at MK Dons on saturday, the initial allocation sold out, an additional amount after that sold out and a few hundred additional ones on top have almost sold out in a couple of hours today with only a handful up for grabs (source sufc.co.uk) FACT.

A secondly counting Chickens, your bold, Grasping at straws a bit yourself there really aren't you?

If you really feel the need to preach to others about Sly Digs and Counting Chickens then how about practising the opposite yourself? Then you might not look as silly?

And he has the cheek to dish it out about sly digs :hihi: What goes around comes around, swings and roundabouts.

I will help you out by adding a bit of fact to your statement shall I?

In excess of 6000 United fans will be at MK Dons on saturday, the initial allocation sold out, an additional amount after that sold out and a few hundred additional ones on top have almost sold out in a couple of hours today with only a handful up for grabs (source sufc.co.uk) FACT.

A secondly counting Chickens, your bold, Grasping at straws a bit yourself there really aren't you?

If you really feel the need to preach to others about Sly Digs and Counting Chickens then how about practising the opposite yourself? Then you might not look as silly?

Your missing the point I dont do sly digs I will openly tell you I hope your lot miss out on promotion Mcabe pulls the plug and you go out of business

Nothing sly about that .......................... all Im saying is Im not spouting my mouth off about its in the bag , unlike some oh ok you ! youve seriously not been watching United long if you think this is over

I booked my holidays abroad after United beat Huddersfield away confident in the belief that the play offs would play no part in our promotion challenge, so far I have been correct in that belief but following United for many years I know they can let us down from positions of superiority, however after watching them lose several play off finals maybe me not being there would help break the jinx, either way I will be having a bottle of Cava watching the game from afar and hopefully celebrating a Wednesday loss.

As far as the Carlisle game goes I think wednesday will win comfortably but hope for the opposite.