Starting at Ponds Forge.. SO FRIGHTENED

Going to join the gym to lose weight and tone myself up as i'm 5"3 and weigh 118lb, no muscle tone at all.. I look like I've had 10 kids. Only issue is I am sooooo frightened of wearing a swimsuit in public.. are there other large people in this situation? I have never been to the gym and I have a picture in my head of all these fitness freaks that have been doing it for ages, then me looking like an absolute idiot.

I suppose to stop these negative thoughts, compulsive over eating and anxiety I should get of my arse and do summat about it but seriously, I'm scared s**tless!!

I work at Ponds Forge and working on Reception, it's not the first time I have heard people feeling exactly how you are... You have nothing to worry about, although if it makes you feel any better, wear a t-shirt over your swim wear... It's sounds simple but makes you feel a whole lot better about what your wearing, it's what I do when I go swimming!!! Also, maybe until you get your confidence up about going to the gym/swimming etc... maybe go at quieter times x

Do you look at other people and judge them in their swim suits? No exactly, so no one is doing the same to you.

Plus 118lbs is not big at all, I'm almost double that at 230lbs and I don't feel self conscious when swimming at all, no one is looking at you. I don't mean it in a bad way but you're not that important to anybody else in the pool.

Do you look at other people and judge them in their swim suits? No exactly, so no one is doing the same to you.

Plus 118lbs is not big at all, I'm almost double that at 230lbs and I don't feel self conscious when swimming at all, no one is looking at you. I don't mean it in a bad way but you're not that important to anybody else in the pool.

This made me smile :) I always worry that people are taking the mick out of me.. i go red and start stuttering if i feel uncomfortable, in some ways I think its a bad idea because ponds forge is big and there will be loads of people around, but then i dont want to have to live in this body all my life. my stomach touches my leg when i sit down its like cellulite rice pudding, im not even exaggerating its effin horrible eurrrgh

I work at Ponds Forge and working on Reception, it's not the first time I have heard people feeling exactly how you are... You have nothing to worry about, although if it makes you feel any better, wear a t-shirt over your swim wear... It's sounds simple but makes you feel a whole lot better about what your wearing, it's what I do when I go swimming!!! Also, maybe until you get your confidence up about going to the gym/swimming etc... maybe go at quieter times x

When are the quiet times? Cos I can only really go in the evenings. Are the classes large? thanks

When are the quiet times? Cos I can only really go in the evenings. Are the classes large? thanks

Most evenings are steady but Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the quietest... It depends what classes you are wanting to do as some are big, some are small

Archived