Some Thoughts for Next Season

OK, pure hypothesis or just wishful thinking, but given the scenario where both Sheffield teams achieve promotion at the end of the season, which team will do better next season, and why?

Try to provide constructive arguments, i.e. which chairman is likely to invest in new players etc, and desist from the usual mindless bickering.

Both will struggle and finish mid table if they are lucky,lets face facts Sheffield is now a minor unimportant player in the football business.

Both will struggle and finish mid table if they are lucky,lets face facts Sheffield is now a minor unimportant player in the football business.

I agree with Choogling the most.

United already have some 'alleged' Championship players in their squad, so, in essence, wouldn't need to invest so much money to build a squad strong enough for that level.

It's difficult to assess which of the United players could make the step up. Maguire for example may be well out of his depth. Ched Evans wasn't that comfortable in the Championship last season, so who knows who could hack it, and who couldn't.

It's the same for Wednesday. It's alleged we would need far more investment than United to cement a place in a higher division.

MM is not known for paying even 'average' transfer fees, but is known to pay higher wages to the right players.

Should the OP's statement become true, and both clubs do go up, then I reckon for the most part, United will do better than Wednesday.

HOWEVER, if DJ's budget signings for the new season proved to be as effective in that League as Megsons were this season, then who knows?

Meggo didn't sign a bad player.

DJ needs to follow in Meggo's footsteps on that one.

Archived