Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

We're all on Facebook!

That's fine, so am I. But how do we all know how to contact each other? Generally speaking we only know each other's identity through the Forum and don't have names we can find on FB.

Come on you Owler Lane Scholars. You cannot all have emmigrated. I Have met up with Parsley Diva and between us we have 6 photos of various classes for the years 1952/57. It was 50 years to the week since we last saw each other i.e the week we left school.We spent a pleasant time over coffee comparing notes and remembering the scrapes we got into. So come on stop hiding and make yourselves known we promise not to bring out the cane.Hope to hear from some of you soon. Christina Stevenson as was

:) Hi Christina.

What a heck of a time ago! I was in your class at Owler Lane.

You may even remember me : Keith Atkin.

We actually dated, if you remember!

I recall the Plaza Handsworth, and going roller skating above a shop in Attercliffe. My best mate was Jim Marshall (later MP for Leicester, but now

sadly deceased). Also Dave Crook, who lives not far from me at High Storrs.

I still have class photos showing us lot and members of staff such as Mr Moss

the French teacher, Mr Moss (Geography) and Mr Lupton (he of the cricket stump across the backside!).

Hi Keith

Of course I remember you and the others you mentioned.Who could forget someone with such black hair and that quiff.I also remember the large wristwatch you wore which you displayed very prominently when we had our second year class photo taken.We are now a group of thirteen who are in contact from our year but only ten regulars, two live away.We meet about every five weeks for coffee.I will be in contact by private e-mail later.

Good to hear from you take care Christina

:) Hi Christina.

What a heck of a time ago! I was in your class at Owler Lane.

You may even remember me : Keith Atkin.

We actually dated, if you remember!

I recall the Plaza Handsworth, and going roller skating above a shop in Attercliffe. My best mate was Jim Marshall (later MP for Leicester, but now

sadly deceased). Also Dave Crook, who lives not far from me at High Storrs.

I still have class photos showing us lot and members of staff such as Mr Moss

the French teacher, Mr Moss (Geography) and Mr Lupton (he of the cricket stump across the backside!).

Hello Keith

Another blast from the past. I remember you also from Darnall Congs - Elaine Jessop's the name. Good to hear from someone else in our year. Hope you are well.

All the best, Elaine

When I was there (60-63)the school secretary was Miss Ann Crowe.

Yes I believe your'e right

Miss Unwin was the english teacher. She was tall, thin, had a " thing " about Jeff Hook ( ex Spitfire pilot ). She always wore stockings and in the free periods we used to look at the marks that her suspenders showed in her skirt when she sat down. Jesus, bloody good legs but a bit toothy.

Good days long gone, and then there was Miss Gibbs the girls gym teacher.

Low cut square necked green top gaw................d.!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Edited by Lucifer
correct spelling.

Don't know if this pic has been on before,it's probably' '57 believe teacher i Mr Harrison.I'm 5th from right, bottom row

P6.jpg

Great pic, really clear. Think I was in the same year, but as I'm not in the photo, must have been in another class. I do recognise some of the girls in the pic though.

Don't know if this pic has been on before,it's probably' '57 believe teacher i Mr Harrison.I'm 5th from right, bottom row

P6.jpg

Great photo. I went to the school in 56 and left in 61 so you must have been a year ahead of me. The teacher was Mr Harrison as you say. He was OK. I kind of recognise some of the kids in the photo but can't put names to them.

Great pic, really clear. Think I was in the same year, but as I'm not in the photo, must have been in another class. I do recognise some of the girls in the pic though.

Hi again. I am the same as you. I recognize quite a lot of the faces, but I am not there. Must have been in the same group as you, Facefacts. I was in the Commercial group. Were you? I can spot Susuan Peacock and Chrstine Wright, so perhaps that was a more domesticated group. June

Hi June,

Yes I was in the commercial group too. I recognise quite a few of the girls, Norma Baxter and another one called Josie ??? can't remember her second name. Great to see these pics though and that one is really clear.