The Tramlines Festival 2012 Megathread

On the street entertainment side of the tramline festival the Grannie Turismo were raising a smile and laugh in Tudor Sq.

For those who are not in the know its a trio act who dress up as grannies and move around on shopping trolleys. I won't say any more!! (clips available on you tube)

Edited by silverknight
spelling corection to acts name

Guest sibon
Does anyone have a timetable? I'd like to know who the band playing on the World/Youth Music stage at 15:30 were? Three young lads making a great atonal rhythmic racket.

According to my difficult to source/ expensive app :wink:, Pallav Roy were on at 2.30. Blood Sport were on at 3pm and Romano Jilo were on at 3.30.

I live round the area where the bands are on & I think it would be a good idea for next year for the council to have portaloos - the backstreets round where I live have become a giant public urinal. It smells really unpleasant.

Does anyone know the relevant council department that I should lodge feedback to?

It seems some folk can't debate without resorting to insults.

Hiya Uptowngirl. It wasn't an insult. You were, in fact, whining.

At least that crosses one band off the lists.

You're too late anyway. You missed us. You were too busy whining.

Are we bothered? NO!

Trust me, love, you're not in our demographic.

According to my difficult to source/ expensive app :wink:, Pallav Roy were on at 2.30. Blood Sport were on at 3pm and Romano Jilo were on at 3.30.

Many thanks. Yep it was Blood Sport and I've been listening to their stuff online. It won't be to everyone's taste, but it's just the sort of thing I like :thumbsup:

Have a listen, see what you think -

http://bloodsport.bandcamp.com/

and more here

Another great year at Tramlines. Well Done Sheffield!! :love:

Full credit to the security staff :love:

Any comments on the policing of the event - if you could feedback to tramlines or SYP directly it would be appreciated.

Full credit to the security staff :love:

Any comments on the policing of the event - if you could feedback to tramlines or SYP directly it would be appreciated.

Hi Grace you don't know who to give feedback to about the inclsuion of portaloos for next years event (which council dept) - it's just I live around the area nad it's become a mass public urinal and stinks offensive. :gag:

I'm glad Tramlines has been a success though :)

I did fine thanks. I just wonder how well the festival is being served when anyone who mentions the stupidity of the programme availability is set upon by the forum's pond life.

I should imagine anyone logging onto Sheffield Forum in order to obtain information will be put off the festival by some of the comments on here. The festival is supposed to enhance Sheffield's image. This thread has done nothing but tarnish it.

Anna. There are tens of people on here discussing the festival.

There are thousands of people who have had a great time in Sheffield last night and today and will do so again tomorrow. The majority of them will have never heard of the Sheffield Forum and will not have given a good god damn about the program issues.

Get some perspective why don't you?

This afternoon me and my OH took our 3 grandsons to the CADS event, to see their uncle play in his band. It was a lovely way to introduce them to live music, the weather was great, the crowd were friendly and the music was excellent. Well done and thank you to all who worked so hard to make this possible

Edited by rainbow2411

Guest sibon
Anna. There are tens of people on here discussing the festival.

There are thousands of people who have had a great time in Sheffield last night and today and will do so again tomorrow. The majority of them will have never heard of the Sheffield Forum and will not have given a good god damn about the program issues.

Get some perspective why don't you?

Absolutely.

I've had a blast so far. The city feels really alive and there is music pouring out of the most unexpected places.

I'm looking forward to more tomorrow. I haven't met any whingers either... maybe they all stayed home to post on this thread:)