37p extra for a packet of fags?

Reet! fags are going up 37p a packet, this is extortionate! so... just to spite em, im stopping as from tomorrow!!(again)!!!!!

watch them come running for the taxloss on us nonsmokers, expect advertisments for fags just like in the 60's!

put your name down if you can sum up the will power to stop tomorrow, good luck.

Reet! fags are going up 37p a packet, this is extortionate! so... just to spite em, im stopping as from tomorrow!!(again)!!!!!

watch them come running for the taxloss on us nonsmokers, expect advertisments for fags just like in the 60's!

put your name down if you can sum up the will power to stop tomorrow, good luck.

They're not going up, as of 6 PM this evening they've gone up,

I hope you do stop and indeed that all smokers stop, I smoked till I was 50 and when I think of the money I have wasted it really irritates me.

If you and others stop not only will you live longer and be healthy think of the money saved by the NHS in treating lung and other cancers.

You owe it to yourself and others.

STOP SMOKING

Call it selfish but I'd happily have the price go up by £1 if that money was to go to fund NHS cancer care, then at least smokers would be paying for their own future care for something they could have possibly prevented.

It's not like it's like alcohol where odd one is ok, smoking does not have one advantage at all, all cons no pros

I hope you do stop and indeed that all smokers stop, I smoked till I was 50 and when I think of the money I have wasted it really irritates me.

If you and others stop not only will you live longer and be healthy think of the money saved by the NHS in treating lung and other cancers.

You owe it to yourself and others.

STOP SMOKING

The NHS might save a little in having to treat lung cancer, but the longer living people will require far more care for other things over their longer lifespan. Also pension bill will go up.

don't you think we pay enough tax already ?

Who do you think should pay the tax then?

The NHS might save a little in having to treat lung cancer, but the longer living people will require far more care for other things over their longer lifespan. Also pension bill will go up.

If folks know that they'll live an extra 6 or 7 years they probably won't mind working a few years longer too. Longer life expectancy doesn't mean folks need to be dependent on a pension for a longer period.

Edited by purdy