Look North - Our economy.

Just caught the last 10 minutes of Look North - Our Economy, the amount of factual inaccuracy was quite hard to believe.

Some silly bint said, "1% of people pay 30% of ALL taxes to HMRC", what she should have said, was, "1% of the population pay 30% of all income taxes", not surprisingly when people are taxed as a proportion of income, the minority whom earn more, pay more in total.

She forgets to mention the multitude of other taxes, most of which are highly regressive in nature. And other things which masquerade as 'insurance' but are actually a tax, for example; National Insurance. And of course, inflation, which is also a tax.

Did anybody watch it in full? Were there any decent proposals/speakers?

tv license, Standing charges on utilities. VAT. Duty on fuel and alcohol, Council tax. We are all doomed ....... Only Carol Vorderman can save us

Michael Unterguggenberger could, if he were still alive.

I bet I could, if it wasn't illegal to encourage employment and increase prosperity using the method Michael Unterguggenberger did back in 1931!

Which was initially proposed by Silvio Gessel.

The powers that be place regressive taxes upon the poor denominated in £FIAT and force them to carry out transactions in said £FIAT.

Just caught the last 10 minutes of Look North - Our Economy, the amount of factual inaccuracy was quite hard to believe.

Some silly bint said, "1% of people pay 30% of ALL taxes to HMRC", what she should have said, was, "1% of the population pay 30% of all income taxes", not surprisingly when people are taxed as a proportion of income, the minority whom earn more, pay more in total.

She forgets to mention the multitude of other taxes, most of which are highly regressive in nature. And other things which masquerade as 'insurance' but are actually a tax, for example; National Insurance. And of course, inflation, which is also a tax.

Did anybody watch it in full? Were there any decent proposals/speakers?

That still doesn't look right, but then these things can be worded differently and come to similar conclusion. As far as I know, the highest 10% earners in the country pay 25% of collected income tax.

They could be the same thing, I'm not sure as your figure and my figure draw off different areas (population vs earners).