Cheek of some buyers on here.

I sold something on the for sale for 10 quid around six months ago, Got a PM the other day from the buyer saying it was a duff, asked him what was wrong with it and he openly admitted to changing the files/SD card yet for some reason he seems to think hes entitled to either a replacement or a refund! Its fairly obvious he had no problems with it in the last five months, and practically openly admitted to breaking it himself! and is just trying his luck.

Fair enough if he had problems with it after a week or two, i would have replaced it. But 6 Months after !! Claiming hes had problems with it from when he first bought it? :confused:. Im actually suprised he would go the hassle for a tenner!

Rant over!

Edited by anderbyangel
Typo.

yeah but remember peeps, this is just op's side of story

Listen, i have sold a few of these on here, Not one problem.

I showed it working to the guy that bought it.

5 month later i get a PM,

oh its suddenly stopped working, i asked him why, he changed the files on the SD card, if you take the files off it wont work! I told him this when he bought it.

If he would like to take me to small claims court please feel free!

I have had enough of the messages i am receiving!

6 Months after is a joke!

I got robbed with a DVD player few weeks back,

I got nothing back at all, you dont hear me whinging about it and that was £55 a lot more than £10. :rant:

yeah but remember peeps, this is just op's side of story
...and after 4 years of trading on here, I can well believe it :D

Regardless, hybrid - would you actually expect a warranty, with a private sale?

Does the expression "buyer beware" ring any bells with you, or are you part of the growing legion of common sense-bypassed online 'shoppers' who use SF classifieds, eBay, Gumtree, Ad-Mag etc. as if it was Argos? ;)

Don't think that will happen, somehow, as...

oh its suddenly stopped working, i asked him why, he changed the files on the SD card, if you take the files off it wont work! I told him this when he bought it.
...I've got a feeling that "something" is for use on DS? ;) Edited by L00b

when you sell something on here or in a classified advert or a car privately, the contract is normally "sold as seen". You cannot expect a seller to give a manufacturer's guarantee. For that you pay full price at a retail outlet.

Selling things privately everyone should understand that it is "sold as seen", that's why it is cheap....

...and after 4 years of trading on here, I can well believe it :D

Regardless, hybrid - would you actually expect a warranty, with a private sale?

Does the expression "buyer beware" ring any bells with you, or are you part of the growing legion of common sense-bypassed online 'shoppers' who use SF classifieds, eBay, Gumtree, Ad-Mag etc. as if it was Argos? ;)

Don't think that will happen, somehow, as...

...I've got a feeling that "something" is for use on DS? ;)

It may have been ;). :hihi:

Listen, i have sold a few of these on here, Not one problem.

I showed it working to the guy that bought it.

5 month later i get a PM,

I have had enough of the messages i am receiving!

6 Months after is a joke!

I got robbed with a DVD player few weeks back,

I got nothing back at all, you dont hear me whinging about it and that was £55 a lot more than £10. :rant:

some people want things for nowt anyway, tell em to shuv off the cheeky sod.