Someone spitting on you..

I was on the 88 bus going down Ecclesall road towards town, and the bus was jam packed so I was stuck at the bottom of the stairs.

A bunch of kids upstairs decide it's funny to try and get spit right in my cleavage. They then carry on spitting at me and other passengers. Other kids were egging them on so other passengers and myself got thoroughly covered.

Passengers nearer the front of the bus attempt to tell the bus driver what's happening and to stop and deal with it, yet ignores everyone completely.

Does anyone else think that this is just totally disgusting? I shouldn't have to worry about being showered with spit from kids!!! I couldn't even move because the bus was stupidly full!!

Should I place a complaint with the bus company/police? Just because they're kids doesn't mean they should get away with it! Should I go to the school they were from??

What should I do??

I would definitely log a complaint. Heck, I feel tempted to on your behalf.

Whether they do something or not it's worth doing just to vet your anger. LOL

Edited by Y0rkshireman
Updated message.

Kids or no kids, if they had spat on me they would have got a slap.

Dirty buggers!

He ignored everyone completely. I couldn't move out of the way and they were shouting vulgar things.

I don't know what to do. I doubt anything will be done because they are kids but I don't want to wear those clothes etc again. It covered my glasses, top, bag etc. I just feel disgusted.

If they were doing it deliberatly it`s surely assault so should be reported

Spitting is a criminal offence at the end of the day and had the little what nots been over 16 they could have been arrest for assault. I have to admit i haven't used public transport for a good few years but I would have thought it was the drivers duty of protest passengers to the best of his ability?

I do believe that you can buy a stun gun on Amazon.. :thumbsup:

Out of interest, were they white lads?

Edited by WalkeyLad

Well, buses are covered in posters of "We have DNA kits if you spit" blah blah blah!!! Had a good shower and a clean. I think I will ring Stagecoach in the morning, but should I contact the police?

I know this may seem really petty, but they were disgusting, and as they were aiming for my cleavage, if it was an adult I would glass that as sexual assault!!!

Just stuck, feeling rubbish and don't know what to do! :(

i know exactly how you feel, dont take it as it was because your a woman and they thought they can get away with it, i am a 6 foot well built bloke and the same thing happened to me. i tell you i could have killed the little sweethearts!!!:rant:. but they know only too well that you cannot do a thing about it except tell them f off and sit down. they just do it to get a kick from the adrenalin. so as long as your hands are tied by the law(remember you cant lay one finger on them) then do what i did and forget it. there is nothing that can be done that wont cause you more grief. they really play on the attention they get from stunts like this.

I know this may seem really petty, but they were disgusting, and as they were aiming for my cleavage, if it was an adult I would glass that as sexual assault!!!(

It's not petty at all, I think it's absolutely disgusting and you need to do something about it. Do you have a ticket from the journey? Can't believe the driver didn't do anything about it.

Busses are fitted all over with CCTV. The bus company should be able to identify the school they were from (if in uniform that is) and pass the footage onto the school. The school could then deal with the offenders/pass names onto the police.