Smell of burning in Shiregreen

Hi there,

I wonder whether anyone else has noticed the strong smell of burning in Shiregreen (S5) of the last few evenings? I can't smell it during the day, but there is definitely a distinctive smell of an industrial, rather than a domestic wood burning fire in the evenings!

I noticed a thread about a similar burning smell in Wadsley (S6) but there was no definitive answer.

Any thoughts? Are the farms burning stuff? Is anything happening at Blackburn meadows?

Cheers

It smells of burning most evenings up here.Then farm poo in summer.

im s6 and i have been smelling it every time i go into my kitchen for last few days to, it overlooks foxhill

Smells can travel for miles given the right wind direction. Really do miss Fletchers fresh doughnuts n bread. Then if we're lucky we get Basset's Lichorice allsort's making smells. Not sure about the burning smell though? is it the one like burn't rubber? Oh and then there's the pig poo smell sometimes from the farms down the bottom end. x

Jeremy Kyle visited there for his programme, so the natives captured him and are burning him Wicca man style.

Smells can travel for miles given the right wind direction. Really do miss Fletchers fresh doughnuts n bread. Then if we're lucky we get Basset's Lichorice allsort's making smells. Not sure about the burning smell though? is it the one like burn't rubber? Oh and then there's the pig poo smell sometimes from the farms down the bottom end. x

No thats eminating from Bramall Lane :D

The smell every night is so strong you can't even open a windows, when will they stop burning there **** or whatever.

No thats eminating from Bramall Lane :D

well seens as hilsborough is near it must be coming from there

Firefighters battled through Tuesday night (27/3/12) to get a grassland fire under control in Grenoside, Sheffield.

Six fire engines and 30 firefighters were at the scene from Elm Lane, Rivelin, Darnall, Tankersley and Central stations.

Fire crews were called at 7pm on Tuesday evening, as around 800sqm of grassland was on fire. Crews left the scene at 11pm but were called back from 2am to 5am on Wednesday morning (28/3/12) as the grass had been reignited.

The fire is believed to have been started deliberately.

well seens as hilsborough is near it must be coming from there

Too far from Bramall Lane, must be Hillsborough oink oink!:D

Too far from Bramall Lane, must be Hillsborough oink oink!:D

as the blades were on fire last night it could have come from beautiful downtown bramall lane! UTB:D