HELP advise needed CATs tail appears paralysed

zanna

I would err on the side of caution and underdose, simply because although vets dispense the stuff, the leaflet tells you it is not for cats, implying the cat oral solution is a different one, yet to my knowledge, we have always been dispensed the oral solution for dogs, even when it has been for cats

Yes, I've looked up the data sheets for both and they are both meloxicam, it's just there are two different strengths.

I've assumed his weight but then reduced the amount to give him on the basis that it's much easier to measure 0.6ml than 0.67ml. Either will probably give him very good pain relief and he's probably not up for being put on the scales tonight anyway.

OK please sanity check my logic before i administer anything...

heston is most likely heavier than 5 kgs as he is massive but im going with 5kg to be safe

the dosage advise for 0.5mg/ml is 2 drops per 1lb of body weight so going with heston at 5kg/11lbs that would be 20 drops

SO i have 1.5 mg/ml which is about 2 3rds stronger SO does 6 drops sound right to you?????

OK please sanity check my logic before i administer anything...

heston is most likely heavier than 5 kgs as he is massive but im going with 5kg to be safe

the dosage advise for 0.5mg/ml is 2 drops per 1lb of body weight so going with heston at 5kg/11lbs that would be 20 drops

SO i have 1.5 mg/ml which is about 2 3rds stronger SO does 6 drops sound right to you?????

Should be fine

How is Heston?

My Hanni once came home with a tail that dragged on the ground as she walked and wouldn't let us touch her. It turned out she had had a bite on the top of her tail and had developed an abscess which had to be drained under anaesthetic. Hopefully, Heston will turn out to have something like that.