Sign in to follow this  

I need help - feeling ill

Im starting to come down with a cold, Ive got sore throat, aches and pains. I would not normally be bothered but Im throwing my partner a party tomorrow night for his birthday. I need a really quick cure. I cant feel like this in the morning as I have soooo much to do tomorrow. Does any1 know of an over night cure???

Plenty of fluids, paracetomol and try and eat some oranges/satsumas.

Soak in the bath and have an early night.

It won't cure it but you will feel better.

Also if you get up in the morning feeling lousy, if you can try and plod on, because very often if you can keep busy it will take your mind off it,

Thanks for that. I have no oranges but I have had loads of cups of coffee at work today. I will have along soak tonight. I really hope I feel better in the morning.

early night.

take painkillers and caffeine and decongestants throughout the day. (often available wrapped up as a single medication containing paracetamol, aspirin, caffeine and pseudoephedrine)

You'll be speeding your tits off by the end of the day, however.

avoid alcohol.

having said all that I haven't had a cold for nearly eight months.

There are benefits to being a hermit.

Try some redoxin. It's dissolvable vit C and it tastes really nice. Will take off your sore throat and boost your immune system. Less hassle than eating oranges and it's not as hard on your stomach (oranges can make you sick cause of the conflict with stomach acid) however it is more expensive.

I forget the brand, but you can also get some lozenges for your sore throat which have a local anaesthetic effect. They're not very strong, but it might take the edge off the pain.

Hot lemon drinks with paracetomol in them always feel like they're doing a better job than the paracetomol tablets alone. They're probably not, but they do taste quite nice.

Feel better soon :) .

Thanks all of you. I have blackcurrant beechams, beechams cold & flu tablets and some bubble bath at home. Im going to have a long soak when I get home and drug myself up with what I have and get wrapped up and go to bed. Sounds disgusting but i have been told to sweat it out of me. Hope it works cus I feel sooo crap right now.:sad:

change team - thatwill help immeasurably ;) ;)

only messing mate- an early night is alwaysthe best thing to do- shut down your body so it can devote more of its energy to fighting those nasty little bugs inside you!!!

Have u seen the advert for the new Vicks nasal spray? That is best to relieve symptoms before u even get a proper cold. Ive just been ill for a week with my throat mainly it was horrible! Still not right now :(

I did see the new spray but the woman in the chemist said that the cold and flu tablets were alot better.

Well bath and bed for me when I get home. Feel as though Im waisting a friday night though:sad:

The worst thing is being at work when you are ill, well only 2 hours to go.

Take loads of vitamin C! I was coming down with a really nasty cold last week, I took 2 1000mg soluble vitamin C, plus 2 500mg Vit C+zinc. It TOTALLY cured me!

Don't worry, you cannot take too much vitamin C (i.e. overdose) because it just comes out in your pee! It is important to take some zinc as well, but not more than 2 times the recommended dose.

Much better than just relieving the symptoms!

Hope it works :bigsmile:

Owls - be a man (if you are one) - and do the right thing. Mope around for England, get on everyones nerves telling them how ill you feel - sneeze on someone and drop soggy tissues all over the floor.

BE TRUE TO YOUR GENDER - MAN FLU FOR ME EVERY TIME!!!!