Parents risking their children's lives whilst travelling

Do you have children of your own whos lives you risk .or are you just happy to see other peoples children rattling about in cars.

I cant imagine any sane person taking a child in a car with no child seat suitable for the childs age.

Sadly the nanny state has "brainwashed" the populace out of any rational personal decisions.

As a child of the fifties, car seat belts, baby seats, speed cameras, drink driving, crash helmets and another million "laws" were not invented in those far off days.

It just makes you wonder how any of us survived to post on here in 2012.

Angel.

Sadly the nanny state has "brainwashed" the populace out of any rational personal decisions.

As a child of the fifties, car seat belts, baby seats, speed cameras, drink driving, crash helmets and another million "laws" were not invented in those far off days.

Angel.

Well i would imagine a lot of people havent survived but i wouldnt know the numbers.

You didnt answer my question do you have children grandchildren ? if so do you allow them to ride in cars with no child seats or without using seatbelts.

Angel.

Makes for grim reading

http://assets.dft.gov.uk/statistics/tables/ras40007.xls

Angel.

Comments like yours make me wonder what the point of SF (or any other forum) is, if the www allows us to make up a reality as we go. Make it as outrageously stupid as you like and wait for the response. Some used to go fishing for sport .... There we go, just wasted two more minutes. Bye.

I believe a mother and father know better than the nanny state does about the upbringing of their childer.

As for seatbelts, parental choice would be my opinion.

The state impinges far too much into our lives as it is, although I accept some folk require the state to nanny them along life's path. Some are incapable of making the smallest rational decisions for themselves.

Angel.

Too right. If I want to spatter my daughters brains

across the dashboard that is my choice. She belongs to me and the state can do one as far as I'm concerned.

Archived