Telewest Teleport - yay!

fnkysknky

nope, no speed upgrades as yet and looking on the blueyonder web site, there is no indication of when its going to happen either, typical, half the UK has already been upgraded and we have to wait till god knows when, prob to get more cash from those of us who are on the £50 package no doubt!!!

I'm on Telewest and when I spotted this thread I excitedly ran over to my TV to try it out. I haven't even got the preview lists or anything for that matter connected to Teleport. I rang customer support who put me through to their tech support. I've now got to wait till Wednesday for an engineer to come out as I have got one of the 'annoying' [their word] set top boxes that will not upgrade , I've been told it's a software thing!!

Never mind though I'm sure the delay wont kill me!!

I was assured that it is a problem that they are having with only a few of their boxes although I'm intending to check with my neighbours just to see if mine is an isolated instance.

My box is dark grey in color and as you look at it on the left it says 'pace' and on the right it says 'Telewest active digital'

No doubt when the engineer turns up I'll be sat peering over his shoulder to see what he does.

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Is this like the poor mans version of Sky+ :lol:

Sorry I'm just bitching.

I'm sure it's great but I'm more of a fan of Sky+ which is loosely based on the TiVo concept which is absolutely AMAZING.

Its not meant to be anything like Sky +, this is completey different to Sky +

Telewests version of Sky + is coming out next year.

Originally posted by spyro2000

Its not meant to be anything like Sky +, this is completey different to Sky +

Oooooooh put your knickers back on.

It's handy then cos it's nowhere near as good as sky+

Originally posted by spyro2000

Telewests version of Sky + is coming out next year.

I bet it will be awesome :roll: