How does one report a dentist?

So basically, you (or your friend) don't have any real reason at all to think that the work wasn't necessary.

Maybe you (or your friend) could have just said "No, I'll have a think about it and maybe ask another dentist since I've never had any, absolutely any other trouble at all, never, ever, cross my heart and hope to die, for the past xxx years"

?

someone i know has had what they feel is Unnecessary work done on their teeth and is now in pain.

what is the procedure to check if the work was necessary, and how does one report the dentist?

Why did you friend consent to treatment that they considered unnecessary?

my friend not me!!! did you not read?:)

no trouble in the past whatsoever...

As for getting another dentist to look , do you know how difficult it is to get on the books of a dentist in the first place? Not that i nor my friend have ever had that problem, as we have been regular visitors to our dentists all of our lives.Though not always same surgery due to moving home/job etc.

So how would one go about getting a second opinion from one? seeing as people have difficulty finding a dentist in the 1st place?

Edited by adelrose

Have dentists stopped accepting money? Just pay one and they will look in your (or your friend's) gob and tell you (or your friend) what they think.

This could go on for ages, but to cut a really long thread a teensy bit shorter, just what are you (or your friend) hoping to get from reporting this dentist to the Director Of Public Health (Jeremy Wight)

To stop this happening to anyone else....Isnt that pretty obvious.?:)

Thankyou "HeadingNorth" your input was most helpful. i have passed this on

Have dentists stopped accepting money? Just pay one and they will look in your (or your friend's) gob and tell you (or your friend) what they think.

Your advice to someone who thinks they've been made to pay out unnecessary money, is to pay out more money?

Your advice to someone who thinks they've been made to pay out unnecessary money, is to pay out more money?

I suppose that as an alternative they could waste somebody else's money instead of using their own to prove their claim.

My first port of call would be another dentist. Making the complaint might result in action being taken against the offending dentist but won't sort out the problems in your friends mouth, which may get worse the longer they are left. This will also mean you have a better basis for making a complaint when you've had some professional advice. Ask for copies of dental records from the current dentist including copies of x-rays as these will help demonstrate if the treatment was necessary.

Then look here at the General Dental Council to see how to proceed.

You get a second opinion before getting work done, not afterwards! There's no point in getting a second opinion now and no point in complaining because there's no longer any evidence of the condition of the teeth before the treatment. A pointless filling is indistinguishable from a necessary one.