What paint should I use for my garage?

Hi people,

Tomorrow I'm tidying my garage out ready to give it a lick of paint and then plan on building a workshop at the end also some deating for when we have a BBQ.

I know I'll need exterior white paint to paint the stonechip on the outside of the garage, but what paint should I use to paint the walls on the inside? they are just concrete walls with no plaster or anything on.

Same question for the floor, I'd like to just paint it but what paint and what colour would be best if its going to be a workshop?

Strictly speaking, it should be masonry paint; you'd probably get away with just regular undercoat and matt, if it's indoors and doesn't get damp, but if that goes horribly wrong don't blame me. :hihi:

Use any masonary paint for the inside, but you really need proper floorpaint on the floor. It has non-slip properties.

Use any masonary paint for the inside, but you really need proper floorpaint on the floor. It has non-slip properties.

I missed the bit about the floor; I don't think I've ever painted a floor. :suspect:

In lemon to contrast with the lilac walls

for the floor use gliddens oil based floor paint,comes in about ten colours.good value for money,made by dulux

On the walls I used ordinary matt emulsion in Magnolia and it looks very nice and light .

it has not flaked off at all and has been on for about 3 years/ .

hi my garage i boarded it up and plastered it then painted it with white matt crown emulsion and the floor with leyland heavy duty floor paint for the car to go on.

Looks nice like a room but if you are wanting to use it as a workshop maybe not white battleship grey doesnt look bad a friend of mine had his done in it

In lemon to contrast with the lilac walls

Why not ?? Whatever floats your boat...:)

I missed the bit about the floor; I don't think I've ever painted a floor. :suspect:

It stops concrete dusting and is non-slip. Also stops oil soaking into and staining the concrete. Its a good sealant, but tends to be expensive.

It stops concrete dusting and is non-slip. Also stops oil soaking into and staining the concrete. Its a good sealant, but tends to be expensive.

That all makes solid sense. It was just odd, thinking back, that out of all the painting of houses, walls, ceilings etc. I've ever had to do, I don't ever remember being presented with a floor that needed painting.

I was never one for doing much mechanical tinkering, so that's probably why it never occurred to me to paint the floor of the garage (when I had one).