Sound driver help needed

onanongmon

hi. got a bit of a problem with my laptop.the hard drive failed the other day.I bought a replacement hard drive installed it and re installed xp..I cannot for the life of me get the sound on and i cannot find anywhere the driver for it online.the laptop is an e-systems 3089 uk model.help of any kind will be most greatful

cheers

Just done some searching but the link to support.pcworld.co.uk appears to be dead. I would download an Ubuntu based linux distro and run the System Report to find what audio chip is on there then take it from there. The problem with soundchip manufacturers is that they usually state that you have to go to the computer manufacturer's website to get the official drivers for that machine.

Does anything show up in the Custom bit of Windows Updates as opposed to Essential? (Assume you have installed SP-3).

A free driver search is DriverMax but it limits its search capabilities. Another place to search through is here (only discovered it myself today:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/

Edited by swarfendor43