I am 9 years old today

Hi,

Just thought I'd let you all know that today I am 9 (in northern years).

That is, 9 years ago today in 2003 I upped sticks from nasty old Londinium and moved into one of (then new) city living apartments in Sheffield.

I've since moved into proper accommodation in the city (i.e. a house) and have had a fantastic time here.

Quite a bit has changed I think. I used to go to places like the Halcyon and Trippets and my fave restaurant was 543 on Eccleshall Road, none of which exist now.

What do you lot think? Has Sheff changed for the better or worse in this time?

Cheers

p

x

bet you wish you still had a place down there though!, sheff alright but it cant compete with london

bet you wish you still had a place down there though!, sheff alright but it cant compete with london

Do you know what, I think living in Sheff is infinitely better than living in London (at my age anyway). I was down south at the weekend catching up with old friends. They asked me if I missed London, the answer was an unequivocal no. I remember making the decision to escape when I was commuting to work at 07:30 in the morning hanging off a strap on a crowded tube train thinking 'there's got to be something better than this...'

true and you just cant get out into any green space in under what?? an hour? or two. but its fifteen minutes from the centre of sheffield. and the people are a lot friendlier. its a hard nosed attitude down there, money talks and little else

Do you know what, I think living in Sheff is infinitely better than living in London (at my age anyway). I was down south at the weekend catching up with old friends. They asked me if I missed London, the answer was an unequivocal no. I remember making the decision to escape when I was commuting to work at 07:30 in the morning hanging off a strap on a crowded tube train thinking 'there's got to be something better than this...'

I spent years in London doing the same, hanging off a tube train strap at 07.30, on my way home from the candy box.

So you chose Sheffield to stop and begin your search, awwww!

In that case, I'm almost a year old :D

Big for a one year old :wink:

I moved up from London in 1987 - don't regret it at all (apart from not being able to get rock and chips at the chippy)